Without Fail!

Verbal

$100
Reaction score
Every morning, without fail, my Dad gets up at 7am or earlier, goes down the hallway to the kitchen, turns on the radio loud enough that he can hear it in his office (he's hard of hearing, by the way), walks back down the hall into his office, and sits on his computer for a few hours.

Every morning, without fail, I wake up at 7am or earlier to the blasting sound AM talk radio. Every morning, without fail, I stumble out of bed all bleary-eyed, across the hall into Dad's office, and ask him if he can please not do that in the mornings anymore. Every morning, without fail, he apologizes and says he won't do it again.

I could cry.

So hook him up Jon!

Get him set up online with some AM talk radio that he likes. It'll be right in front of him. Sheesh...he could even wear headphones :)

woodsac said:
So hook him up Jon!

Get him set up online with some AM talk radio that he likes. It'll be right in front of him. Sheesh...he could even wear headphones :)

Beautiful and smart ... Woodsac, you're the man!

Verbs, :hug:: .... and Benadryl.

:lmao: My dad is just a repetative - always use to whistle early in the morning....the sound would drill through my head and i'd want to gaffa tape his mouth closed. maybe you could soundproof your room?.....or make a soundproof chamber on wheels that he could live in with his radio? Tricky one man :er:

Archangel said:
or make a soundproof chamber on wheels that he could live in with his radio?

:lol: I like this idea! I wonder if he's cooperate, or if I'd have to use a large animal tranquilizer...

mmmm.....wonder what size animal would be the equivalent to your dad??....a small goat??.... a baby giraffe??....a slightly underwieght horse??....another tricky decision :lol:

aww....he's a creature of habit! :lol: Nothing wrong with that.....do the headphones thing and that should help.

I bet you have a crazy routine that you don't even conciously know you're following. ;)

terri said:
aww....he's a creature of habit! :lol: Nothing wrong with that.....do the headphones thing and that should help.

I bet you have a crazy routine that you don't even conciously know you're following. ;)

My life style doesn't leave much room for any crazy routines... I'm always either asleep, in the bathroom, or in front of my computer. lol.

MOVE OUT!!!

That's what I did. Now, every morning without fail, I sleep until my own alarm wakes me.

Which is still JUST as annoying.

bace said:
MOVE OUT!!!

That's what I did. Now, every morning without fail, I sleep until my own alarm wakes me.

Which is still JUST as annoying.

I second....

Steve

i made the mistake of asking my dad to keep it down once, he told me that it was his house and if i didn't like it, i could get the F out...

i got out the door and about halfway down the driveway before getting a 3 hour lecture...

count yer blessings ;) ...

btw - my dad is cool, he was just pretty ornery in his younger years :mrgreen:

JTHphoto said:
i made the mistake of asking my dad to keep it down once, he told me that it was his house and if i didn't like it, i could get the F out...

i got out the door and about halfway down the driveway before getting a 3 hour lecture...

count yer blessings ;) ...

btw - my dad is cool, he was just pretty ornery in his younger years :mrgreen:

Sounds like my Dad. Only I kept going.

Most reactions

Back