Wolf Camera does not instill buyer-confidence.

5th

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I was about to buy the Minolta DiMAGE Dual Scan III from B&H when I found the same item on Wolf Camera's website for the same price. I went into one of the bigger stores in Atlanta and noted they had several film-scanners, but not any from Minolta.

Well, the closest store said that I could order it online and return it locally provided that no software packages were opened (not a problem as the TWAIN drivers are on the Internet and I have Photoshop). I decided to call the largest Wolf Camera store in Atlanta to confirm this return policy for mail-ordered items and was told I could only return mail-order items to their online entity. Ok, conflicting information.

I was then told that I could get any store location to order the product, but the product would be at list price (more than doubled the online Wolf Camera price). I noted that Wolf has their own forums, but they don't chat in them regardless of the consumer concerns and questions.

So, I wonder if Wolf Camera really cares, or not, about their customers, and then wonder if this incorrect attitude and reflined company policy on returns is what hurt them (and Ritz). I now feel less confident in making any online purchases, especially considering B&H as an option.

All I was trying to do was avoid a return through mail-order if the film-scanner sucked wind (and my cash). Anyone else have similar Wolf Camera experiences?

i would go to B&H .... they have a warranty and guarantee all of their items .... sounds like Wolf is being shady :?

we had the same problem looking for a film camera yesterday (B&H was closed) ... so we went to these small electronic stores, the prices were about the same (or even more expensive) and mostly refurbished but with no warranty ... we walked out empty-handed, we'll wait til b&h opens tomorrow :? ... i wouldnt do it if i were u

Ouch! I took the liberty of posting that to their forums. :D

Of course, its probably hosted somewhere else and the pop-up ad at the time of posting that reseller rating only further justified my doing so.

I actually think the Wolf Camera forums serves as a 'warning' to not do business with them. LOL

I always thought Wolf camera was a little shady. I just always had that feeling as I looked around their website. Just proof to back up my gut instinct I guess. I'm a B&H customer, myself. Though I wish they did their used equipment section a little better.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back