Wolf Mountain Sanctuary

Chase

I am now benign!
Reaction score
Website
www.thephotoforum.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We are friends with a woman that runs Wolf Mountain Sanctuary where she cares for full-blooded wolves that would otherwise have been destroyed. For those of you in CA, for a minimum donation of $10, you can actually go in the pens and interact with the wolves, it is a wonderful experience. This is a non-profit organization and they gratefully accept donations towards the care of their animals.

We had a chance to visit her again this past weekend and these are a few shots I got while we were there.

DSC_0029.JPG

DSC_0028.JPG

DSC_0023.JPG

DSC_0021.JPG

DSC_0020.JPG

DSC_0010.JPG

Awesome shots Chase! I need to get my camera over to some large cat rescues i know of.

My what lovely hands you have Chase. Since you asked; the latest episode is the poisonings. Upward of six dogs have been killed eating poisonous bait that the authorities believe was meant for the local wolves. A 20,000 reward has been posted if anyone can bring in the guilty party.

craig said:
My what lovely hands you have Chase.

Awww thanks 8)

Thanks for all of the comments everyone. It is great to be able to take photos of these beautiful animals without trying to shoot through chainlink fences or from big distances. In fact, the most difficult part was probably trying to get far enough away to be able to focus on them...every time I knelt down to take a photo, they would come running over to see what I was doing :? :lol:

Hey, now: these are impressive! Perfect wild wolf portrait pics! That is quite rare. I like the first. It shows the fact that they are no pets, indeed, but wild animals.
We had a TV documentary the other day on the first pack of wolves re-established in my country - they had been extinguished for over 100 years. Now they're coming back.
In that same docu, the reported also about how wolves are being faught in the States. A pity!
Thanks for the photos. I love those!

What a great job you did, Chase! I like the second image the best....it's so intense! If it weren't for the shadowy fence image in the background, it could pass for a wilderness shot.

That's so cool. I would love to do that someday.

It seems wolves are natural models. Probably because of some inate genetic fear and awe of them. We can't help but be fascinated by them as a subject.

Nicely done for such a bright day.

Daniel

Oh, and by the way:

My avatar-wolf (!) is especially fond of this thread! ;)

Mind you, he (Wolfi), is the only wolf I'd ever care to pet... (his teeth are all loose...) :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back