wolfeboro, nh

Discussion in 'People Photography' started by shanstar, Feb 22, 2007.

1. shanstar

shanstar TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    this was taken with some terrible film that i happened to find in my camera bag. i have no idea how long it had been in there, but i do know it was a really long time.

[​IMG]

should i crop? is it too bright? just let me know..

2. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hmmmmm [​IMG] ... the way it shows here it is a bit on the bright side but I don't know if this is from the film being old? I am not sure an overall shadow/highlight adjustment will do this one any good, for there are quite deep shadows on the left which would then become all featureless and black...

As to the composition: I would not crop a thing here. I like how that one shadow that points towards us is kept within your frame and has been left intact. I would not want to touch that one.

Have you applied any pp things to it after the scan? Such as sharpening? It looks a tad over-sharpened to me... maybe?

3. JimmyJaceyMom

JimmyJaceyMom TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    OOH I like it! THough I would NEVER walk on that bridge. I hate bridges... especially ones that look like they may fall at any moment! lol

4. shanstar

shanstar TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    yea, the brightness was just from my inexperience. The sharpness that you mentioned, that is sort of what I was talking about. I didn't ps this at all, I try to stay away from that because I tend to make my pictures look horrible. The other pictures from this roll had that weird, sandy quality as well.

Thanks for the positive feedback :)

5. Jeremy Z

Jeremy Z No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    Part of the brightness is from lens flare. (note the green tint at the middle)

I think the "weird sandy quality" is from underexposure. Your camera saw the sun, and dialed the exposure down as a result.

In the future, If possible, try a lens shade if you have to shoot with the sun blasting across or into your lens.