Wolves (warning.. graphic) 9 pics

nothing to add.... just stunning... great work as always ray :thumbup:

Hi Mike

thanks bud! and here is a brief run on my workflow...

Convert the raw image to jpeg in Picture Project.. (uncompressed)
Crop
tune colours
fine tune contrast with curves
Shadow / Highlight (slight adjustments only)
sharpen with USM 100 - 170% at 1 and 0 usually
Neat Image filter for noise.

thats it., nothing special. The lens is the key... the lens I use cost me 7,700 including tax, Canadian.. and the optics are awsome.

Which leads me to my best advice for everyone.. get good glass!

For basic photography I recommend the 17-55 Nikon zoom., best all around lens I know of.. I will get one some day.

The D200 is the best Dslr for the money on the market.. D80 is a very good camera also. Do not buy it with the kit lens!

I know Canon makes awesome cameras, and one day I hope to buy a 30d.

I now use my d70s for back up, and for Daisy., but a 30d will allow me to buy the 500 mm IS lens., and Nikon dosen't make their long lenses with VR.

Hope this helps!!

And yes LaFoto.. as always please give anything I shoot to your daughter,.. and I would like to see her artwork too! Have you ever heard of the Art forum called Wet Canvas?? She should have a look!

take care!!

Thanks, am having my final holding session today and will come home with my D200 or D80...and nope, I wont buy the kit lens if I get the D80, they have an 18-70mm in apparently which was recommended to me as not so easy to get here now.

Thanks, am having my final holding session today and will come home with my D200 or D80...and nope, I wont buy the kit lens if I get the D80, they have an 18-70mm in apparently which was recommended to me as not so easy to get here now.

the 18-70 is an ok lens, but not great. 18-200 would be my first choice if I was starting over.. very good lens.

also, I forgot to mention in my workflow, I do some cloning, to get rid of distractions like twigs and such.. that is the first thing I do after the crop.

I'm with abraxas ...5 through 8 are really awesome. They're ALL awesome.
In #8 it looks like somebody forgot their place in the pack and was being put BACK in their place. :)
Sweet shots, all. Such beautiful animals.

7 is my FAVORITE! If you singled out the far right one, that would be awesome. Mouth full of deer and blazingly staring at you...awesome...

You are one lucky man to have such amazing opportunities. Would have loved to have been there. Great stuff - thanks for sharing.

yeah they are ok I suppose :lol:

I never tire of your shots and these are just great, I mean the detail in the Raven is just out of this world, and those eyes in 7 & 8 are to die for.

awesome shots ray... #5 is by far my favorite of the bunch, that image just haunts me for some reason... the first 4 look like they could be the "dog next door" but #5 makes me want to roll up my window, lock the doors, and be on my way... #7 just proves that point with that "you're next" look in his eyes... :confused:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back