Woman Awarded $1.12M After Being Arrested While Taking Photos Outside a Military Base

snerd

Anti-Dentite
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
internetwhispers.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A New York woman has been awarded $1.12 million in damages after being arrested back in 2009 while taking photographs outside a military base.

The Guardian reports that in July 2009, 58-year-old Nancy Genovese was photographing a display helicopter outside the Gabreski Airport Air National Guard in Long Island for a “Support Our Troops” website. She was confronted by a deputy, who allegedly told her that he would arrest her on suspicion of terrorism to set an example for other “right wingers......”
Woman Awarded $1.12M After Being Arrested While Taking Photos Outside a Military Base

Wow! That's compensatory damages only, they haven't yet decided on punitive damages!

Wow. Arrest someone 'just to set an example'.

Incedigobble.

Wow. Arrest someone 'just to set an example'.

Incedigobble.
Careful.................. he'll don his Oakley's and shaved head, and call up the tanks and armored vehicles, along with SWAT, to remind you who's really boss!!

hey, i will check back with you all later. Gonna grab my gear and drive to the nearest military base...

hey, i will check back with you all later. Gonna grab my gear and drive to the nearest military base...

Don't forget your jacket emblazoned with "Official Al Quida Photographer"!

If you follow Sparky's suggestion, better make sure it's a kevlar jacket, just in case someone decides to "eliminate the threat" first, and check the rulebook second.;)

Sad thing is, the taxpayer is on the hook for the actions of the mental midget. Costs him nothing but maybe his job.

Most reactions

Back