Woman feeding the homeless

Dashur

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Downtown Detroit - woman feeding pigeons. C&C welcome.
966880_10151435247832337_844016283_o.jpg

That's a funny and inaccurate title for a nice photo. Pigeons (Rock Pigeons) have special cells in their brains that perceive the earths magnetic fields allowing them to always return to their birth place (all pigeons are "homing pigeons") so "homeless"
they are not.

A few abandoned racing ones in there too.

I was lured in by the deceptive title. I was not amused.

I suppose you could have left the thread then - bexause you were "forced" to reply i will issue you a complete refund. In the future i will consider your "amusement" as the litmus test for my threads. Maybe i should have researched the fact pigoens are not "homeless" afterall.

j/k i will not do that. relax kid. Its a great photo and maybe others enjoyed seeing it. :)

That is an interesting photo. I like it, a lot of content the woman, the pigeons, the eye contact, the bird in flight ... I like it.

Thank you very much!!

I suppose you could have left the thread then - bexause you were "forced" to reply i will issue you a complete refund. In the future i will consider your "amusement" as the litmus test for my threads. Maybe i should have researched the fact pigoens are not "homeless" afterall.

j/k i will not do that. relax kid. Its a great photo and maybe others enjoyed seeing it. :)

I enjoyed it. Pigeon racing was a big part of my life growing up in Detroit. My Belgian neighbor raised and raced them. There was a Belgian place called the Cadieux Cafe (still there) on the east side of Detroit that supported the races, along with feather bowling, and bike races. The place made it in Sports Illustrated.
Birds of a Feather

I definitely wasn't expecting pigeons when I read "homeless", but technically wild animals don't have "homes" so I guess I can see the humor in your word choice.

I like her whole presence in this shot. I love that she's looking right at the camera while in the middle of this scene. The dynamic range in this shot is great too. Did you do any HDR processing or was this just how the camera captured it? If you don't mind answering, what camera did you use?

I enjoyed it. Pigeon racing was a big part of my life growing up in Detroit. My Belgian neighbor raised and raced them. There was a Belgian place called the Cadieux Cafe (still there) on the east side of Detroit that supported the races, along with feather bowling, and bike races. The place made it in Sports Illustrated.
Birds of a Feather
Thanks for the link. I was wondering about feather bowling. You Belgians are a crazy and wild crowd. :cool-98:

I definitely wasn't expecting pigeons when I read "homeless", but technically wild animals don't have "homes" so I guess I can see the humor in your word choice.

I like her whole presence in this shot. I love that she's looking right at the camera while in the middle of this scene. The dynamic range in this shot is great too. Did you do any HDR processing or was this just how the camera captured it? If you don't mind answering, what camera did you use?

Thank you dan. I used PS fake HDR filter pack I bought years ago. I can't remember the name even. This wasn't straight out of the camera in the least - I processed my entire Downtown Detroit Day similarly - I thought the blight and the gray and concrete needed...maybe vibrance? That was with my 1DMarkII N. I believe my lens was 70-700f4 L - although it might have been a closer shot with my 17-40 f/4 L. I can check the exif at home. I think this shot may be among my favourites ever - for the reasons you mentioned. The pic warms me a little bit.
Birds of a Feather

Hello Michigander! I lived about 35 miles north of Detroit at the time I was there....up towards Romeo, MI

wow - thank you VERY VERY Much, Joy.

Thank you dan. I used PS fake HDR filter pack I bought years ago. I can't remember the name even. This wasn't straight out of the camera in the least - I processed my entire Downtown Detroit Day similarly - I thought the blight and the gray and concrete needed...maybe vibrance? That was with my 1DMarkII N. I believe my lens was 70-700f4 L - although it might have been a closer shot with my 17-40 f/4 L. I can check the exif at home. I think this shot may be among my favourites ever - for the reasons you mentioned. The pic warms me a little bit.
Birds of a Feather

Hello Michigander! I lived about 35 miles north of Detroit at the time I was there....up towards Romeo, MI

Yup, that was shot was on my old turf. I lived about 10 minutes from there, in the city. Grew up there, tough upbringing to say the least. Know Romeo well. There has been a noticeable improvement in certain areas, this being one of them.

Most reactions

Back