Woman sued, shot wedding on Rebel XTi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sw1tchFX

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A woman got sued for shooting a clients wedding with a Canon Rebel XTi kit and was accused of delivering "inadequate results". The judge concurred. I think this is pretty funny, the photographer didn't even know how slow her 70-300 was.

This is why alot of people shouldn't shoot weddings...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=js7RzcdDcMs]YouTube - Judge Joe Brown - Cheap wedding photographer[/ame]

And the best part is that i'm pretty sure we've all seen worse!

I've seen this before, but I also want to say that clearly Judge Brown doesn't really know what he's talking about.

I mean, her attitude was terrible, but what is with him talking about how most churches allow flash, and also, what was with his comments about using a tripod?

Pretty much everything he said was silly.

Obviously though she was not prepared for the wedding, and did a bad job, but also, what is with him giving 2500 when she only asked for 1k?

but also, what is with him giving 2500 when she only asked for 1k?

Punitive damages I guess ... even though she didn't ask for it. That's probably the maximum amount that can be awarded in that court.

yeah, I guess, it's just that qualitatively all he could say about her shots that was wrong was that they looked soft (maybe) and that they wouldn't blow up bigger than 8x10.

This is for one, highly unlikely considering they were outdoors in plenty of sunlight. They were composed terribly, but I'm not sure the clarity had problems. and secondly who cares if the image can't be blown up bigger than 8x10, is that something that matters in this case?

Thirdly, they never mentioned a contract. Not once. Where is the contract saying, this is what I am giving you, and this is when I will be there etc.

Although I did find her lack of knowledge appalling, her main problem was her attitude. I did not see any problem with her photography that would give the judge cause to give her money, let alone 2500. Now, had they shown the terrible images of the ceremony then yes, I could see it, but otherwise the only complaint was not being able to blow up the images, and not using flash indoors.

Well, it's not like we can really judge picture quality based on the video. We just have to take the judges word for it.

Too funny. Lesson here: don't go into court acting like a damn fool -- it'll cost you. And it did. Whatever case the photographer may or may not have had was ruined by her big freakin' mouth! I would have awarded the maximum $5000. Dumb ass!

BKMOOD: oh, she was definitely an idiot.

Josh: yeah, we do have to take the judges word for it, but what I hear is that when she asked him about the images and what was wrong with them, all he could say was that they wouldn't blow up well.