women's beauty perception trough time

mmaria

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've just seen this video and would like to hear your opinions... if you have an opinion on this that is ;)

just so you know .. it's not a nice video

"Animator Frederic Doazan has created a short film titled ‘Supervenus’.
This animation is painful to watch—it documents the pressure that women face as they feel like they have to look a certain way, as well as their love-hate relationship with their bodies."

Last edited:
Nothing I can say won't make me appear like a pig.

Now that was weird. I think I'm going to have nightmares now.

Nothing I can say won't make me appear like a pig.
I'm having trouble with this sentence... and yeah yeah, you don't have to bother about saying that in an less confusing way....

Now that was weird. I think I'm going to have nightmares now.
I thought you can handle even worse things :)

I'm having trouble with this sentence... and yeah yeah, you don't have to bother about saying that in an less confusing way....

I thought you can handle even worse things :)
OH........You have no idea ;) hahahah

That was painful to watch. And yet, it's probably not an inaccurate portrayal of what passes for the feminine "ideal", at least in the western contemporary culture. There's a huge industry built upon the efforts to make women (and now men) feel insecure about their appearance, and to effectively brainwash us into accepting unrealistic and idealized portrayals as the aspirational goal. This helps sell magasines, clothes, makeup, diets, shoes, and a whole pile of other "things" that do not advance the human condition in the slightest. In my extended family, I am surrounded by women, all of whom feel some level of insecurity about their appearance and bodies, despite being, in my opinion, beautiful and inspirational and successful. They have various body shapes, profiles and sizes - and as long as they are healthy, it is really no-one's business but their own how they look.
In the last 15-20 years, I'm seeing a lot more emphasis on men also looking "good" or "sharp", and almost always it takes a lot of money and accessories to achieve the "desired" look. I had an interesting conversation recently with a nephew who was obsessing over not being "ripped" enough - his perception of needing to have a certain "look" to be attractive to potential partners, is almost identical to the conversations I've had with my daughters exploring why they felt the need to look a certain way. It would help if more people recognize who benefits from this angst. It ain't the people who are feeling the pressure.

I think weight is one of those things that shouldn't be seen as a "beauty" issue but more of a health issue.

I am tired of this whole "fat shaming" is a bad thing trend. No it's unhealthy to be 100lbs overweight. You aren't fabulous you are going to die young but not before you drive up the healthcare costs.

I think weight is one of those things that shouldn't be seen as a "beauty" issue but more of a health issue.

I am tired of this whole "fat shaming" is a bad thing trend. No it's unhealthy to be 100lbs overweight. You aren't fabulous you are going to die young but not before you drive up the healthcare costs.
Good morning, sweetheart! lol
Did you have your coffee, yet?

The point is that there is a healthy range for any given body "type" which is determined by metabolism, genetics, and lifestyle. I know of people who look anorexic but are actually perfectly healthy - they have a very high metabolism and love to exercise. I also know people at the other end of the scale - apparently overweight, but just as capable of physical activity and their biochemistry is exactly where it needs to be. And I know of people who look "normal" and are in fact quite sick (diabetes, etc.). The superficial impression we get of another person often is inaccurate. On the other hand, I also know when people ARE in an unhealthy state (on either side of the "normal" range), and believe me, they do too. But it's the underlying issues (whether psychological or physical) that need to be addressed, not the external appearance.

Wow, that video was fun. :Clown:
It is sad that us ladies are judged so harshly on our looks. At the same time a guy can be a slob with no worries. hehe

Wow, that video was fun. :Clown:
It is sad that us ladies are judged so harshly on our looks. At the same time a guy can be a slob with no worries. hehe

All that matters is the size of a guy's...wallet. ;)

Confession time and I think most guys are right there with me on this. It's very hard not to but most time when seeing a women the first thought is "would i do her?".

Chances are I am just a sexual deviant but I think I am not alone in this.

All that matters is the size of a guy's...wallet. ;)
Tru dat!! lol
I guess that's the trade off! Us ladies have to look good and you guys better be making money! hehe
How do you guys feel about that?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back