Wonka candy Gobstopper

photong

Typo Queen
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've worked very hard on these Alone the word 'Gobstopper' is three if not 4 different fonts. 'Everylasting' is 2 if not 3 different fonts (E and V are giveaways). This is my second day working on this. I've put a lot fo effort into it.

First I made this:

gobs1.jpg

Then I decided to simulate the box art because the purple bg SUCKS (is the purple too bright? I first made a yellow and orange one then decided against it because of the the purple in the botttle. DAMN GLASS :()

gobs2.jpg

Let me know your thoughts. I like it a lot btw. And I'm not finished. I need to cut out the other bottles. And I know the bottle idea isnt the greatest but it's all I can think of. And yes I will get rid of the glare too ;)

I noticed 'Gobstopper' gets larger half way through. That needs to be fixed too :(

The thing I hate is the 'paste' look I have with the second image. Same with my Wonka Nerds. :/

I like the 2nd one better. These are so cool! is there any specific reason you're doing these? Or just a big Wonka fan? Are you using Photoshop? You could add a bit of a drop shadow to take away the pasted look if that's what you want

BTW did you see they're doing a NEW Willy Wonka movie? WIth Johnny Depp as Wonka?

i like the second one, but I think you should make it more like a gobstopper. Inside a gobstopper, the colors change...so I think the rings in the second should be different colors. BUT, don't go over board with the colors...it will take away from the mood.

Also, currently, the text at the top is hard to read, IMO. I would either make it a darker color or thicker font.

I'm also very intersted in why you are doing all these Wonka things....

Okay. IN MY OPINION:

First off, use the Multi-Jar look of the first one combined with the outlined text of the second one. Then, if you can, have a single gobstobber cut down the middle (They have rings of colors, don't they?) in the REAL close foreground to force scale.

Secondly, not to get on your case, but it looks like you're lighting them from the front. If you can, try a softbox on one side of the jar with a white fill card on the other - The white highlight running down the center of the jar would be gone and the same sort of highlights would illuminate the edges of the jars.

I'm sorry, the product photographer in me tells me to critique... You are looking for an advertisment look, right? :eek:

:p Very good. I don't even think they advertise this candy anymore :\

Im with shutter bug on this one. The light could really benifit from a changed position.

Also on the top slogan font is hard to read. Everybody keeps talking about the color change in the gobstoppers. Why not add a two color or maybe three color gradiant to the text.

"the shnoozeberries taste like shnoozeberries"

sillyphaunt said:
I like the 2nd one better. These are so cool! is there any specific reason you're doing these? Or just a big Wonka fan? Are you using Photoshop? You could add a bit of a drop shadow to take away the pasted look if that's what you want
sillyphaunt said:
BTW did you see they're doing a NEW Willy Wonka movie? WIth Johnny Depp as Wonka?

Thanks. I'm doing it all for myself and fun. And it's inspired by the movie. I heard about it and got all these ideas in my head. I had one for Fundip but I couldn't get the white BG to work even though it has in the past. So I'll try again another time with a different colour :)

Shutterbug said:
Secondly, not to get on your case, but it looks like you're lighting them from the front. If you can, try a softbox on one side of the jar with a white fill card on the other - The white highlight running down the center of the jar would be gone and the same sort of highlights would illuminate the edges of the jars.

I'm sorry, the product photographer in me tells me to critique... You are looking for an advertisment look, right? :eek:

:p Very good. I don't even think they advertise this candy anymore :\

I tried to put things in front and around to get rid of the glare, but it only minimized it. And I wish I have more than two arms/hands.

I'm lighting from the front because that's the only way I can. I'm suing window light because I can't afford anything else :( And I don't have space anyway :(:(

Yes an advertisement look. it doesn't have to be professional because I'm no where close to knowing how to accomplish. That's why I ask for so many opinions in the critique gallery ;) You are the consumers.

Naw I don't think they do. Or not for a while at least. It may be me but I vaguely remember a guy saying "The wild world of Wonka" but I don't know what product it was for.

Vmann said:
Im with shutter bug on this one. The light could really benifit from a changed position.
Vmann said:
Also on the top slogan font is hard to read. Everybody keeps talking about the color change in the gobstoppers. Why not add a two color or maybe three color gradient to the text.

"the shnoozeberries taste like shnoozeberries"

I'm mostly concerned about the colour/gradient is because of the jars. They're purple from the BG. I can defiantly try a more colourful purple BG.

The reason I chose the circles (and purple BG) is because that's what's on the packaging.

I do like the ideas of the open gobstopper. I'll see what I can do. Especially since in the name Gobstopper there’s an open one for an 'O'. I'd like to at least have one somewhere.

The best quote in the movie: "The suspense is terrible...I hope it'll last"

Thank you for the suggestions and opinions :heart:

Most reactions

Back