Woo Hoo first shots with EF 400 f/2.8

uplander

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The big brown truck showed up today with my new lens. I put it on the 40D and screwed on a monopod and went out back into the marsh. Well Mr sandhill dropped in and provided my fist ops with this lens.
There is going to be a learning curve with this beast:lol:
EF400F28052copy.jpg

EF400F28042copy.jpg

EF400F28038copy.jpg

Very nice. Did it seem lighter carrying it back than going out? You'll need to update your signature, too.

Welcome to the club. Was this with or without the TC? Wide-open? I told you the bokeh would be sweet. :)

I would love one of those... but I don't think I'll ever have the necessity for one. If I get a monster-tele, it'll be the 500mm F4. I'm not sure I could handle lugging around that heavy of a lens.

Congratulations on the lens and I second soylentgreen's welcome to the club.

There are a couple of club rules to remember.

1. While everyone else is struggling on the sideline to get a decent shot it is impolite to be clicking away and shout Whoo-Hoo! :wink: (Shouting it in your head is permissible.)

2. If less than 50% of the bear is in you viewfinder when out in the woods, the bear is still too $@#& close. Run away. (Don't forget to take the lens with you!!!)

3. While you love your wife and you love your lens, sleep with the wife. The lens will not divorce you if you don't sleep with it. :lol:

4. Finally, It is not permissible to smack any idiot upside the head, even if the stupid big lens comment they just made to you is the same one you have heard the last 100 times. Violence does not help. :lmao: (Profanity on the other hand can be a great stress reliever in certain situations.)

Great shots. Now go and enjoy that lens.

Most reactions

Back