Wood Duck

Michaelaw

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
woodduck.jpg

Very nice - I really like that you have used a depth of field that captured the whole bird - whilst also capturing an interesting look to the water.
My on crit is that you are too high - get down low onto eye level with the duck if you can - makes for a more engaging and interesting photo since its an angle most people never see

Just one word: wow. The water looks surreal (not that the duck looks earthly anyway...). One of my favourite images of the week here on TPF.

Very cool. I like wood ducks.

The water DOES look surreal, which is the special element of this photo, but I feel the duck is a tad too dark. I'd love to see SOME more feather detail.

i've always wanted to get a shot of one of these...but i will have to travel far and wide(not native here)

great shot! but as Overread said, getting eye level would be better for these kinds of shots.

Matt - try looking up a wild waterfowel rare breeds breeder or collecter.
Most (ok all) my duck shots come from my dad's home collection of birds and most breeders are decent folk - just got to take things slow to get them used to you - and the ducks are easier as they tend to be in more open pens - pinioned wings mean no need for roofed cages.
If you are slow and carry food for them you can get them really close (in time)

Nice shot!!

The surreal water is a neat effect and the bird is nice and sharp.

Cheers

Freaking awesome.

That shot would be great for an oil painting or a colored pencil drawing.

Most reactions

Back