Wood Ducks & a couple extras

Detoff

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's some wood ducks from this past week. I really liked the gold/metalic look to the water.

Wood-Duck-Drake-1.jpg

Wood-Duck-Drake-2.jpg

Wood-Duck-Drake-3.jpg

Wood-Duck-Drake-4.jpg

5 hen mallard
Mallard-Hen-1-1.jpg

6 drake mallard
Mallard-Drake-3.jpg

7 resting goose
Canada-Goose-Resting.jpg

8 nuthatch
Nuthatch.jpg

Like how you've captured the classic cartoonish "duck smile" in your "6 drake mallard" image. Consider cropping some of the otherwise distracting bright upper frame on that while putting the nicely illuminated duck at 2/3 golden. Also would improve with a Photoshop Image...Adjust...Levels upward adjustment of the shadows combined with a slight compensating contrast boost.

great shots! which lens did you shoot those with?

Very nice captures, I love that water too!

Nice shots, for me the DOF you chose works well here and the water is nicely treated.

Like how you've captured the classic cartoonish "duck smile" in your "6 drake mallard" image. Consider cropping some of the otherwise distracting bright upper frame on that while putting the nicely illuminated duck at 2/3 golden. Also would improve with a Photoshop Image...Adjust...Levels upward adjustment of the shadows combined with a slight compensating contrast boost.

Thanks David. I meant to crop this one and forgot while I was working through the batch. This photo was quite backlit from being partially in a shadow, I pulled a lot out in the raw conversion, and with a curves adjustment and light shadows/highlights application. Too much more gave me more noise in the image than I liked. I may fool with it a tad more though.

Most reactions

Back