wood photos

Glad its this way, the other way seemed cheap to me, hehe. This way sounds like it would have a nice look.

By horizontally I mean say your doing a picture on a door, do you take the door off of the hinges and lay it down to do the work on it or would you leave the door up *which is verticle* and do it that way? I cant really see doing it that way cuz it would be hard to do the dev, stop and fix since it would run down the door cuz of gravity. :0). But if you have it laying down *horizontal*, I dont really see how you would keep the developer, stop and fix on it unless you created a boundary border around the emulsion so the solution wont run off of the door and onto the floor. Also it would be hard to stir the solution to keep the chemicals from settling in some spots and not develop parts of the picture. I cant think of what this is called. Im thinking agrivate but that cant be right.

So the other thing im wondering about is how do you expose the picture on the door? Shine the picture from the enlarger onto the door, do the size and focus, then turn the enlarger off and paint the board with the emulsion?

I really like the sound of this, and could be a good money maker to offer as a service. :0).

Thanks for the info and for reading my lengthy question, hehe.

anua said:
he he, its not a 'dumb question' at all -;)
my english is bad, so maybe i said something not quite right -;))))

1. right, i paint the wood board with a sensitive material (emulsion)
2. expose, and do the fix, stop and bath as it was paper.
3.what do you mean 'hard to do horizontally?', cause i didnt get it...(english, english :twisted: )
4.im not taking the emulsion from a wood, cause its already there -;)...i just treat the wood board as i treat bw papers -;)
5. next, when it's dry, i do all the 'chemical stuffs' and painting....

....i hope it makes more sense now.....
ah, and sorry for my broken english again -;))

anua said:
hubertus.jpg

HOLY COW ANUA!

These are simply amazing. I'm speechless.

Beautiful! I love the look of the brush marks in the hand coated emulsion. I just bought a recently (in the last few decades) republished edition of Alfred Stieglitz's 'Camera Work; A Pictorial Guide', and I'm falling for the pictorialist look of the "older" processes.

oi! ive had no idea the thread is still alive!!!

thanks guys!!!

oh, and ksmattfish - i envy you the book! ha ha, im still thinking about trying this "gum/water developing" process, but i find it soo difficult! ...well, maybe its not - but it looks difficult at least!

Most reactions

Back