Wooden coast

JeromeMorrow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been putting up a lot of shots because I've only had the chance to begin photography in the past week. First I was waiting for CF card to come in from Hong Kong, then I was stuck in the hospital for a week due to a blood infection (and I couldn't bring my camera there 'cause theft is rampant). So I've been brining my camera everywhere I go. Anyways, heres another, this time at the beach.

DSC00322-1.jpg

C&C Please and thank you.

hmm I am not a big fan of abstract, but I do like where you are comming from in this shot. Technically I think this shot is good - the subject is in focus and despite the harsh looking light there are no areas where the shot is overexposed, colours are also brigh and vibrant and you have managed to convey a good sense of the texture of the subject.
However as a shot I don't think it works, the background is too busy - I would try to get it so that there was either only sea or only cliffs behind - both and they ditract, one and it works well (my view is that the sea would make the best backdrop). After that there is the out of focus area infront, whilst it is part of the overall image I thng its too big and dominating and thus is distracting.
A good technical shot, but some work on composition needed (sometimes I feel that composition is the hardest part of getting a shot)

Honestly I'm just trying anything. I'm feeling ok about the technicals (although I tend to enderexpose over overexpose occasional leaving the picture with less punch than it could have) I really have no clue about composition. But you guys are helping a ton. And I really appreciate the critique, very helpful. I have more reading to do, and a lot more shooting of course!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back