Woodland walk in the snow

puzzle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
We had a little bit of snow in the middle of December - not much, but I happened to have some time to myself so I took the dog out for a walk/romp/snuffle in it. Managed to get the following shots when he wasn't distracting me with his antics. I appreciate all and any comments, thanks for looking :)

#1 - this makes me think of early morning, or dusk, but it was actually the middle of the day:
17-12-05-031-snow2.jpg

#2 - I love the shape of this tree, even more so with the snow lining it:
17-12-05-024-snow2.jpg

17-12-05-018-snow2.jpg

17-12-05-019-snow2.jpg

17-12-05-015-snow2.jpg

Would love to hear what you think, and what could be improved - TIA :)

I like them all, but mostly so the middle two (the curved path).
You had a lovely day along with your snow, which is really nice.
The winter sun is really low with you - it does, indeed, look like a morning or evening sun, while, as you say, it was in the middle of the day. Lends some additional charme to your winter photos! I wish we had had at least one day of snow PLUS sun, but that was not to be had. Then I would have tried to capture more snow-lined trees such as the ones you saw during your walk. Looks lovely when they are thus lined, doesn't it?

Thanks LaFoto :)
We have had more and 'better' snow, but like you say, not the sun to go with it. My photos from those days are from the windows of my house, because even though I have to walk the dog I wouldn't take my camera on those days! The sky is grey and the only thing you can see of me is my nose :D

nice shots, I also like 3 and 4. i'd prolly say to lose the dog though (i think that's a dog...) my puppy always tries to get into mine too, unless I'm trying to get a photo of her, then she won't sit still...

Thanks guys! Yes, JTH, that's ma dawg - it's a bit of a compromise as I either have him on a lead to stop him getting in the shots, but then I have trouble holding the camera with one hand and him with the other. When he's free ranging like this, he gets in about 30% of the shots. I might have a play around with #3 and see if I can't make him disappear :roll: :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back