wolfepakt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.wolfecs.biz
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Anybody here know anything about it?
My late father was an avid woodworker, and I inherited all of his tools. I would like to learn how to use some of them (ok all of them) but don't know where to start! Any suggestions for places I might start? I have done lots of google searches and am getting a little....

Hopefully, I will start posting pics of some great projects soon (not till next spring when I can come to my Step Moms and pick up the tools, it is gonna take a large U-Haul!)

What kind of stuff did you inherit? What kind of work did you father do?

I have a love for woodworking but I don't have the time, space or tools to really pursue it. There are plenty of good woodworking magazines, if you can't find anything on the web.

What kind of stuff did you inherit? What kind of work did you father do?

He did just about everything. Cabinets, Turned stuff, boxes, furniture, etc.

I now am the owner of: (just the big stuff)
Shopsmith Mark V (with scroll saw, band saw, and belt sanding attachments)
10" Jet table saw
Jet planer
Jet jointer
More hand tools then I can count
and more

Seriously, if you want to learn how to use that sort of stuff, get yourself to a class. Some of that gear will remove significant proportions of your extremities in a blink of an eye - you cannot afford to just try it out and think you'll learn as you go along. Start small and go with the hand tools, learn how they work work first - get to a class (did I already say that?).

Oh and when you've done all that, buy a big shed for the garden, turn it into a workshop and invite us all over for a bbq and to show us what you made. And I need a 3' high cabinet with about 6 drawers to go at the end of the bed for storage and to put the telly on.

Most reactions

Back