Woohoo - Just upgraded 2nd body

MOREGONE

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I am doing more and more weddings and have been using my D600 primarily and had my D90 as a 2nd body / backup.

The D90 really wasn't cutting it when it came to ISO and the Tamron 17-50 I have took a dump a little while back. It also made it so I was struggling to choose which lens to put on the D600 and which to put on the D90.

So I sold the D90 last week and just won an auction on eBay for a D700 with 42k clicks and a MB-D10.

I think these 2 cameras will really compliment each other well. The IQ of the D600 will keep it my primary most of the time but I am stoked to have the D700 now for its ruggedness, 1/8000 shutter (necessary in Phoenix a lot) higher sync speed etc.

Now I need to go buy a CF card!

congrats !!
I really had a hard time chosing between the d700 and d600. But I also have a d7000 backup, and the advantage of the same battery pack for both was there, plus the SD cards. The d700 is a sweet camera none-the-less !!

:thumbup:

I know what you mean about having a crop and a FF at the same time. The lens setup is skewed .. but I don't do weddings .... lol

edit .. ooh, I should add. I loved the button placement of ISO, WB on the 700 ... you might too. Luckily the buttons are on the same place on the d600 and d7000. You might get the itch to jump to a d800 because of it

Yeah it will be different having different batteries and different memory.

I sold my D90 with 4 batteries and wished I would have kept 1 or 2 since the D700 takes the same one, oh well I am getting 2 anyhow with the D700.

I considered going for a D7100 but really wanted excellent ISO performance and not to have some lenses that wouldn't be maximized by the D600. I was really considering the Sigma 18-35 as my wide end for weddings. Weight isn't too much of a concern for me so the D700 just started looking more and more appealing. They've come down a good bit in price since the D600/610 came out too.

I have a d90 and d700.... I've been thinking of getting another fx camera for back up. But the biggest thing that will drive you nuts is the button placement being diff on the both of them.

Yeah I have noticed how the D700's ISO/WB/Qual is a knob on the upper left vs combo button next to the screen. But since I shoot in Auto mode 99% of the time that won't be big deal. Just kidding :lmao:

Yeah it will be different but I will get used to it.

Man CF cards are not cheap lol. Fortunately I have a USB 3.0 card reader and am excited to see how fast it is compared to SD importing to my SSD

Yeah I have noticed how the D700's ISO/WB/Qual is a knob on the upper left vs combo button next to the screen. But since I shoot in Auto mode 99% of the time that won't be big deal. Just kidding :lmao: Yeah it will be different but I will get used to it. Man CF cards are not cheap lol. Fortunately I have a USB 3.0 card reader and am excited to see how fast it is compared to SD importing to my SSD

CF cards aren't too bad unless you need a really fast one. Look online- Amazon isn't a bad spot either for them. You have no idea how many times I've hit the wrong buttons switching between the two cameras haha.

Yeah I have noticed how the D700's ISO/WB/Qual is a knob on the upper left vs combo button next to the screen. But since I shoot in Auto mode 99% of the time that won't be big deal. Just kidding :lmao:

:thumbup:

If I recall the 700 also has 2 thumb buttons - one for AE/AF-Lock and the other for AF ON. I really liked that when I tested one.

one thing I just bought for my 600, to get my face away from the back of the body, and to see better is this:
Hoodman Hoodeye, f/Nikon DSLR's with Square Eyepieces HEYEN22S

I have a D700 and a D7000, this combo works well fro me . I tell you what , you are going to love that D700 . I can not foresee parting with mine anytime soon .

I have been looking at fast CF cards but don't know how necessary it is since it doesn't shoot video. But it is nice future proofing too for the future if I get another camera that accepts CF

I don't shoot sports and don't think I will ever really put the buffer to test, but wonder what speed is the slowest that wouldn't be the bottleneck point.

This is what I am looking at now - http://amzn.com/B0093HGEKG

Congrats, for a second body the D700 rocks!!!

I have been looking at fast CF cards but don't know how necessary it is since it doesn't shoot video. But it is nice future proofing too for the future if I get another camera that accepts CF I don't shoot sports and don't think I will ever really put the buffer to test, but wonder what speed is the slowest that wouldn't be the bottleneck point. This is what I am looking at now - http://amzn.com/B0093HGEKG

I have some Sandisk 8gb's in 30 and 60mbs and I don't shoot sports either. The closest was a dance competition and I still didn't fill the bigger ( with the 60mbs)

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
you guys are making me want to buy a d700 again. :madmad:

Most reactions

Back