Workaround for "the walking flash"?

I use a threaded cable release with my F80 - it automatically locks when you push the button on the end, and has a little screw-type-thing that you loosen to release it. So that's still an option if your camera will take a threaded release - but that seems to be a disappearing feature too.

W.Smith said:
Got a link to that gizmo, Zaphod?

The remote control is the RC-3, good for 16ft (according to my Dynax 5 manual) and here is an example.

The cord is the RC-1000s (50 cm / 1.6 feet) or RC-1000L (5 metres / 16 feet) and I found some here and here.

Those should all work for the Dynax/Maxxum series of film cameras; I think they're also compatible with the Dynax/Maxxum digital models, the Sony Alpha and some KM fixed zoom models but can't say for sure.

ZaphodB said:
The remote control is the RC-3, good for 16ft (according to my Dynax 5 manual) and here is an example.

The cord is the RC-1000s (50 cm / 1.6 feet) or RC-1000L (5 metres / 16 feet) and I found some here and here.

Those should all work for the Dynax/Maxxum series of film cameras; I think they're also compatible with the Dynax/Maxxum digital models, the Sony Alpha and some KM fixed zoom models but can't say for sure.

Thanks, Zaphod.
However, 16 feet ain't impressive. At all! That's not going to cut it when my cam hangs suspended under an 8 feet diameter helium-filled blimp hovering in front of a bald eagle's nest, 100 feet up a cliff face....

W.Smith said:
Thanks, Zaphod.
However, 16 feet ain't impressive. At all! That's not going to cut it when my cam hangs suspended under an 8 feet diameter helium-filled blimp hovering in front of a bald eagle's nest, 100 feet up a cliff face....

I guess not... looks like you'll be climbing 84 feet then :lol:

W.Smith said:
Thanks, Zaphod.

as long as you are going back to your camera there shouldn't be much problem, since even with the 1.6 foot cord you press the button, lock it in place, do your thing, go back to the cable and press it again to close the shutter. Unless I am missing what you are saying about your blimp nest pictures.

xfloggingkylex said:
as long as you are going back to your camera there shouldn't be much problem, since even with the 1.6 foot cord you press the button, lock it in place, do your thing, go back to the cable and press it again to close the shutter. Unless I am missing what you are saying about your blimp nest pictures.

I'm thinking the long exposure/"walking flash", and the need for a remote control for the flying camera are two different issues... could be wrong there.

ZaphodB said:
I'm thinking the long exposure/"walking flash", and the need for a remote control for the flying camera are two different issues... could be wrong there.
No, you're right, they are. But both require a remote control. So that preferably to be one and the same. I'd rather not have 2 different remote control sets...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back