Working in the 1800's

BadRotation

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
What do you think/ what would you do differently with these two..

They were taken at work when we were putting the steam locomotives up for the night.

Jeff75SwitchOLD.jpg

fredtruckold.jpg

That first shot is great. It really does have a century-old feel to it. I think it's a good use of telephoto, too. The second one is also quite nice, except for the fact that Chevrolets didn't exist in the 1800's :p .

I can't really think of anything I would do differently for these shots. I think they are great.

Unimaxium said:
The second one is also quite nice, except for the fact that Chevrolets didn't exist in the 1800's :p .

I know, the title was referring to the first one. :lol: I just like the how the photos look with the vignetting, and sepia tones. :mrgreen:

The first one is just marvellous.
What would our own mysteryscribe say about its retro look, I wonder?
Is it retro enough for his tastes?

It is for mine.
Toning, subject, clothing of the man, choice of DOF and all that is perfect for a very old photo.

Same applies to Photo 2, only 19th century does not work with this kind of car ;) ;) ;). And maybe (but I don't know for sure) this one also is a bit too sharp and clear to be passed as "really old" (?). But if you want to know if the vignetting works --- I think it does. In addition with the toning. It came out great!

the first is really good, but the second i cant really make up my mind....its pretty good too.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back