Working on my PP

hankejp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was looking through my pictures and thought I would take on some PP. What do you think of this one:

ORIGINAL

2833523941_73a7b0458b_b.jpg

EDITED VERSION

2833150549_4eafc25ecc_b.jpg

Thanks for your comments.

Last edited:
I think it looks much better - maybe a little too saturated though?

A quick little thing I like to do which works well for most landscape shots is to copy the layer, desaturate, invert, add a gausian blur of 100px, and set the layer mode to soft light. I wonder if you tried this it may enhance it in a different way? :)

I was looking through my pictures and thought I would take on some PP. What do you think of this one:
Petty good. It definitely looks much better. I thought just a tad dark.

As I am still learning photohop techniques aside from the basic levels, curves and using the default filters, I'd love to know the steps you took for the PP.

A quick little thing I like to do which works well for most landscape shots is to copy the layer, desaturate, invert, add a gausian blur of 100px, and set the layer mode to soft light. I wonder if you tried this it may enhance it in a different way? :)
This is excellent! I copied the above original into photoshop to compare your steps to the original post. I really liked how it looked after going through your little mini-tutorial there. I think I am going to add that to my processing of my photos. Kind of looks like a CP was used in the shot. It really brought out the blue in the sky and in the water.

Hankejp, go through what marka87uk spelled out there. You will like that.

I will def. give it a try. I'm not very good with photoshop, just enough to make me dangerous. All I did was mess with the Brightness and the Hue and Saturation.

Thanks for the tip Mark

No problem! - You can use what I said to bring out more of a HDR type effect by changing the blur amount, but I think around 100px tends to be suitable for photos of the above size, to avoid creating something which looks unnatural.

If you need a hand following the steps I'll be happy to help (although I'm going out shortly). :)

Most reactions

Back