Working on my PS skilz..need some cc please.

domromer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Before;

under-1.jpg

After;
beach.jpg

looks good, the blue by the hill on the second one looks odd though

The sky and foreground look really good in the second. I think the hillside on the right looks better in the first, though as it is too dark in the second.

I didn't notice how dark the hill was until I posted it. Here's a slight adjustment to the hill.

betterhill.jpg

love the new one. the very first one looked overcast, the second was great... the edit is the best by far.

I'd love to see more color in the sky, but that's just me... a sucker for the "extreme!"... haha

good job! def. diggin' the revised editions!

If you play with curves and the channel mixer, you might be able to get the sky to pop a little more. The contrast looks good, but in your last edit (post #4), your getting a little haloing around the hill.

Very nice edit, I would say its perfect not overdone and nothing looks obviously edited aside from a slight halo on the hill (easily fixed).

Very nice edit, I would say its perfect not overdone and nothing looks obviously edited aside from a slight halo on the hill (easily fixed).

How can I fix the Halo? I tried a couple ways to get rid of it but no luck.

Did you use a layer in photoshop to adjust the hill at all?
If you did you can eliminate the halo by going over the border between the hill and the sky again carefully, zoomed in with a small brush to make the transition less noticeable.

A good example of how photoshop can save an image from the trashcan... good job. :thumbup:

Btw if you want to work on the halo, you can just put the third image over the second one where you still had the dark hill.... then just create a layer mask and bring the other through... after this if it still looks a bit bright just use the burn tool set to highlights.

I was going to post a version of your shot as a painting, then saw your 'not OK to edit my photos' notation, and I respect that. As an art director and fine artist who has split my career between the two, I am embarking on a new venture that is collaborative...for those who take their own shots but would like to enjoy them enhanced even more in Photoshop, I have developed a blend of several filters that closely resembles my actual painting style. See examples at:http://www.yourphototopainting.com

Most reactions

Back