WORKING ON portraits.........*LOOK*

oldnavy170

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
With this one I felt that Sepia worked best. Not sure if I really like the border or not. Anyways, since I have a real passion now for portraits I am working on improving them. Comments Welcomed!!!!

Portrait_Border.jpg

It seems like the wood background is more in focus than your subject's face. Also, I'm not a big fan of the border. The brown doesn't work well with the wood. I think a black border, albeit somewhat cliché, would give this portrait some contrast.

I agree with Everybodylikepie; her face isn't in focus. The border doesn't really bother me, but I don't think it adds anything either.

But the one thing that really sticks out is how her face isn't sharp and in focus.

Agree with both posters above, face is out of focus, and the border is very distracting. Also the lighting is just so-so, but I like dramatic lighting on portraits.

I think thats my bad attempt at PS. I was trying to clear-up the skin. Is this one any better?

Portrait_BlackBorder.jpg

:thumbup: I like the black border better.

I would defintely have to agree that the focus seems to have fallen on the fence (I presume) behind her.

She has outright beautiful eyes - which I think could be exentuated on. Her glasses come so close to 'cutting' them that it is quite distracting. I really haven't studied portraiture at all - but another 'rule' (rules are meant to be broken right?) is that the nose shouldn't intersect the cheek line (uh-oh, said that wrong). Though it doesn't 'intersect' per say, I would have liked to either have seen all of her other eye or none of it.

As long as she is a willing model - I would just focus on those eyes a bit more - :)

I don't think it matters what you do to this picture it is just an out of focus image no color combination is going to make it better.

I'm not sure the shape of her head works well with that angle because it makes the shape look a tad strange. At least to me. And the facial expression is almost "prison photo" like.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back