Working with long focal length zoom

jcdeboever

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took @Gary A. Advice on looking farther away for subject. Excellent lesson, very uncomfortable. 100-400 & 1.4TC. Harsh light but sooc jpegs velvia mode. Goal was composition, familiar subject matter normally used with macro, control harsh lighting conditions with how I understand the XT2 hardware.

1. Butterfly at condo
1492740809895.jpg

2. Lillys outside of condo
1492740860987.jpg

3. Flowers in a vase, outside of condo
1492740907107.jpg

4. Birds of paradise in yard of condo
1492740953703.jpg

5. Aquatic bloom on edge of pond, condo park.
1492740992673.jpg

Sent from my SM-T377V using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

Interesting concept. I guess I am going to have to give this a whirl. Nice shots.

Interesting concept. I guess I am going to have to give this a whirl. Nice shots.
Thanks. @Gary A. is always giving me little tidbits to work on. They always seem to expand my motivation and joy for photography. I don't think there has been one phone conversation that I haven't made a note or two. The tough part about vacation is no editing tools so my practice with getting it right in camera has come in handy at this time.

Thanks. @Gary A. is always giving me little tidbits to work on. They always seem to expand my motivation and joy for photography. I don't think there has been one phone conversation that I haven't made a note or two. The tough part about vacation is no editing tools so my practice with getting it right in camera has come in handy at this time.
You've talked to Gary on the phone?
he's only sent me bottles of wine.
Every time I tell him I don't drink, he sends another bottle .... j/k

Great shots like always.

Nice set. I've used macro tubes with my 70-200 and only leave it at 200mm. I wonder how adding an extension tube to this set up for macro would be? at 200mm with the tubes, I am able to back up a bit from the subject and still get fill the frame with bees and flowers.

Nice set. I've used macro tubes with my 70-200 and only leave it at 200mm. I wonder how adding an extension tube to this set up for macro would be? at 200mm with the tubes, I am able to back up a bit from the subject and still get fill the frame with bees and flowers.

Not sure. If your speaking of my set up, fujifilm only makes two TC (1.4 & 2) for this lens and the 50-140. They are specifically designed. However they make two extension tubes but are designed for their other glass.

You've talked to Gary on the phone?
he's only sent me bottles of wine.
Every time I tell him I don't drink, he sends another bottle .... j/k

Great shots like always.
Lol, he knows better to send me wine. He sends me fruit, and coffee. Gotta love the guy.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back