World Championship Outhouse Races!!

Deadeye008

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.hamblinphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Yep, you read that right. We were in Virginia City, Nevada a few weeks ago and they were having the World Championship Outhouse Races. There were some really cool, and really funny outhouses. Here are some shots I got of one of the races. I used a PP technique that I recently learned. It makes them look a lot like HDR's but all the PP was done in Lightroom. Took me less than 2 min to PP all 5 of these images. Let me know what you think! All comments welcome.:)

IMG_2223-1web.jpg

IMG_2229-1web.jpg

IMG_2230-2web.jpg

IMG_2232-3web.jpg

IMG_2233-4web.jpg

They look more like Lucis than HDR. They're cool shots, but they seem more photojournalistic in style...in which case I'm not sure that the post-processing is appropriate.

I like the look, can you explain the PP you did?

Armando

I don't mind the PP, nice shots. Funny subject!

I like the look, can you explain the PP you did?

Armando

In develop mode, in lightroom, adjust the recover slide to 100, the fill light to 100, the contrast to 100, the clarify to 100 and the vibrance to 100. Then I adjust the saturation down to where I like it usually 30-55, and adjust the black point to where I like it, usually 30 or so. From there you can tweek the exposure or whatever else you want. Adding a vignette looks really good (IMHO) with this type of PP as well.

i think the colors are great!

lol he is a big guy thats for sure. and i think one day that outhouse racing will be bigger than baseball even. te he he

Most reactions

New Topics

Back