World Cup

CROUCH WITH THE GOAL!!! BLAP!!!

If they start playing defense I'm gonna snap. Keep playing the same game with 65% ball possesion and Trini's entire team playing defense they won't need to worry about them equalizing.

Breathes sigh of relief. That first have was tense. I wanna see the last half badly, but i'm content in the final score.

England 2-0 Trinidad

England is through.

Can't decide whether I'm happy we depend on youth for a burst of energy, or scared....Lennon was good in his time, and Rooney looked about what I'd expect for a player of his calibre having been out for a month and a half...Lampard was horrible, Gerrard was ordinary, Owen had a couple sitters...so...glad we won, just wish we'd depend on our first XI to get something done, and not the speed of the subs...

woooohoooooo!........ we're through..... and the second half was good to watch too...... so glad Gerrard got that sweet second goal..... he usually does that alot for liverpool (my team:mrgreen: )....... im just very..... very relieved right now..... :greenpbl:

Argentina rocks! Wow... Did you guys see the game today? 6 goals! But what was most impressive was the way they played the game. Perfect passes, ingenuity, power, zest for victory... It was all there.

Would love to see Argentina play Germany, England, Brazil, Italy, Spain just to name a few.

i was at work when that match was on.... but im looking forward to watching the highlights...... sounds like a great game..... like all world cup matches should be! :mrgreen:

yeah, Argentina were class. They look unstoppable if they continue to play like that

I didnt see the argentina game, only the goals......and those were brilliant. But Holland won again. The first half was great, but the second was a bit weak on thier side. They didnt really go for a goal anymore and the ball was in their goal area for quite some time. I thought it was a good game and really enjoyed watching it. And they are going to the next round, PARTYYYYYYYY :D

Yeah, the Ghana vs Czech was a great game to watch, really enjoyed it. Wont be able to watch USA vs Italy, but i think it can be a nice game too.

I predicted the wrong result for the Ghana vs Czech game...... it was a good one for sure.

I would have guessed a czech win for that match...... as i predict a win for italy against the US.......... but again i could be wrong ;)

Arch, in a way you were right, Italy scored twice. Once in the wrong goal. I guess the US was lucky that Zaccardo half way missed the kick and it ended up in the Italian goal.

But what irks me is the referee... I mean yeah, De Rossi played dirty and was jutifiably red carded. That's not football, no one should hit the opponent in the face with the elbow. Then, he red carded two US players in a 'make-up' way. On top of that he denied a perfectly valid goal by Beasley! This referee should never be allowed to do any international matches!! Period!!!

The game prior to Italy-USA was nothing but miraculous. I don't see the US beating Ghana, by the way Ghana played today. Wow!

yea that was a strange match...... more red cards than there were goals!..... USA did well to get a point there....... Beasley's goal had a debatable off side..... hard to tell if the other player did enough to put the keeper off...... crazy game...... but entertaining :D

Missed a quality day of footie, and right now I'm booked in for England's Round of 16 match....GAH

Most reactions

New Topics

Back