World Toy Camera Day (10 pics + 4 more)

Thank you, one and all, for the kind words and telling me what your favorites were :586:

Turkey shot; one gobble deserves another.

Oh, right, you won't eat it.

The turkey was happy with you because you didn't try to pluck & roast him!

Nope, won't eat a turkey, and as Charlie said, I'm sure he was happy with me for that. :D

I've added turkeys to the list of animals that I want to have. Still can't get over how cool that bird was, despite the melty brains on its head.

"Driveway" is a very interesting composition. For those of us who like to see a picture within a picture, I see a steepled church with a light on top.

Like them all.. but especially Three trees for the light, Roses for the camera angle and colour and Driveway for one of those "must have" shots done differently

It's interesting to me that the "Driveway" composition specifically was mentioned in these ways. For me, it seemed to be a somewhat obvious shot, so I am curious what makes it stand out for you guys and the others who mentioned it as a favorite.

The drive way, WOW!!! It really drew me in. What a fun project.

And three more from the Holga (6x6) and Portra 400:

A wider shot of the roses:

rs Roses
by limrodrigues, on Flickr

The house from the back lawn. In the summer, the big tent that serves as the "theater" for the Shakespeare festival is set up right next to the house on that big back lawn.

rs House and lawn

I have another one that shows the views of the Hudson from that back lawn, but I haven't gotten all the dust spots off of that one yet.

Garden house:

rs Garden house

And this one was not from World Toy Camera Day, but from a few days afterwards when I went to take a walk at a nearby park and inadvertently walked into the end of some horse event.

rs Jumping horse

I rarely do this because it makes me feel silly, so I'll do it quietly...

...bump.

400 ISO film is like 100 billion zillion jillion times BETTER than any digital sensor at ISO 400. Ask any dyed-in-the-wool film user...they'll all tell you the same number...100 billion zillion jillion!
Don't be silly it's much better than that

It's interesting to me that the "Driveway" composition specifically was mentioned in these ways. For me, it seemed to be a somewhat obvious shot, so I am curious what makes it stand out for you guys and the others who mentioned it as a favorite.[/QUOTE]

I think that to make an "obvious shot" stand out it has to be really good and different. Those yet another aspen grove ones come to mind. Driveway has caught lots of attention so there's the proof.

Of these, it's the roses. Like the wide shot of the jumping horse as well.

( did take the Brownie Hawkeye for a spin, stuff over on tomor's thread)

Driveway...love, love love.

You impress me every single time you most pictures.

I really love these.

What makes 'Driveway' interesting I think is the perspective, it seems like a tiny house peeking thru the trees (and I thought it probably was actually a large house, as I see from the other photos it is).

Found it. Dan's Hawkeye photos (clicked on his name, went to profile and recent activity), are in a thread on Holgas, pinholes etc. under Photo Themes.

Last edited:
Oh that's right, I forgot about that thread. Thanks, Sharon! (on both counts :) )

Higher ISO in film = bigger grains = higher sensitivity to light. Which is why ISO1600 on film tends to be rather grainy on print. And film is very forgiving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most reactions

New Topics

Back