World Trade Center pre 9/11 (part II)

Alex_B

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
just the last 3 images of the series I started recently.

1: .. we had this one already
cities_n006.jpg

2:
cities_n037.jpg

3:
cities_n044.jpg

4: inside
cities_n015.jpg

Same here.. brings back memories. Lovely shots, and nice to remember

Wonderful shots, Alex. The last one is my fave...the sunlight and shadows are well captured.

Every time I see a picture of the skyline with the twin towers looming above, it jolts me to realize they are now gone.

wow great memories, I wish I was able to go to the top of the WTC. I never took advantage of that I just go there for the Borders and the clothes stores down below, or cut through there to get to battery park.

Anty took the words right out of my mouth, which I have to say is a little unhygienic

Thanks all! I know this is touchy issue that might disturb people.

The lighting on the left tower in the 3rd picture is a bit too cartoonish, but the clouds compensate, they're awesome. The proportions of the towers and the width of the first image makes it quite awe-inspiring, I'd love to see a higher resolution version. The last one (from inside) has got to be my favorite though, even though I haven't ever been in NY.

[JR];795159 said:
The lighting on the left tower in the 3rd picture is a bit too cartoonish,

Not sure what you refer to here, I brightened up in the lower part of the image, but that strong sun on the left tower was sort of real (winter evening sun). Or what does cartoonish refer to?

as for the higher res of the first one. that one was posted already here:

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76795

Most reactions

Back