World Trade Center

airgunr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was going through some more slides I took around Chirstmas 2000. I took a bunch of snow globes, trees and ornaments. My wife collects ornaments from our trips for the trees and we had just been to New York in October 2000. While there, among other places, we had lunch at "Windows on the World" and bought this ornaments while we were there.

When I looked at this slide I was kind of freaked out. Look closely and tell me what you think got to me......

22e2871c.jpg

This is before the attack on the towers. BTW, the plane is free swinging and sometimes it points in the other direction. :shock:

Erg! That would have been a great ornament without the new connotations! Still, when I try to put aside my flashbacks to that day I kinda like the shot. The whole Christmas hope and 9/11 juxtapositioned like that. It really looks like it belongs in some sort of remembrance collection.

Now that's kinda scary. I have a New York ornament with the world trade center on it, but no airplane.

blacktypes said:
look how the airplane is "brighter" than the rest!
It could be the light. RK of NEW YORK is brighter too.

It's just coincidence that the plane is brighter. It just happened to catch the light more on this shot. I've got one other where the plane is actually facing into the tree and you can hardly see it as it swings freely on the ornament.

It never registered with me at the time about the plane because I took these the X'mas before the attacks and really didn't look at them again until a couple of days ago.

I guess I kind of knew it was there but had completely forgotten about it nor did I even think about the plane in it. We probably got 8-10 ornaments on that trip alone. My wife has almost 2000 ornaments and only puts up maybe a 1/4 of them each Christmas along with any new ones we get on our travels.

Most reactions

Back