World Wakeboard Association Nationals Tour stop #2

E-jeezy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was from the WWA natl's in Orlando, Fla. @ OWC
Most of these guys are close buddies, Nick davies (pink helmet) ended up winning the stop and is currently #1 in the nation and world in the cable division

DSC_0360.jpg

DSC_0678.jpg

DSC_0670.jpg

DSC_0578.jpg

DSC_0577.jpg

DSC_0556.jpg

DSC_0483.jpg

DSC_0121.jpg

:thumbup:

Last edited:
Anyone?? This was posted 2 days ago, not sure if this is just a slower thread or what, but these were some of my photos that I've never really gotten any type of "professional" feedback on, but I've been waiting...lol not to sound desperate or anything but I'm dying to know how I can improve :p

First ones sexy. I don't get it, this like skate boarding but holding onto a truck ? I mean no boat ? In you pictures I see the guy on the board, but not much else, it's not telling any story, which you need to be doing. So go back further or get a wide angle lens.

They are being pulled by a boat arent they?

Nice pic of the girl, and i like the pic of the winner chin deep in the water... the angles of the other shots are nice also.

The focus seems a bit off or soft on some of them. What focus points and mode where you using. Also what shutter speed where you using?

I think the main thing for me is that they are wakeboarding, but I hardly see any water. So it just kind of looks like they are flying.

f-10 through f-20
1/640 sec. through 1/1600 sec.
ISO-500

My thoughts about the pictures telling a story...is, I didn't think much into it because they're usually directed towards a very specific audience. But I deffinatly see where you're coming from. Some people don't even know what wakeboarding is, nonetheless cable wakeboarding.

Cable wakeboarding is basically a rider strapped into a board that is propelled through the water by a large cable pulley system, thus better for the environment and more convenient than a boat. Riders that ride cable are more skilled at hitting obstacles because there is no wake...If you ever get the chance it's a blast to photograph. The riders are moving at 21-25 mph...so you have to anticipate different tricks etc. to get the shot.

half the pictures I shot were chest deep in water just under a ramp with a 70-300mm lens

thank you for your feedback I was dying to hear you're opinions, so I can change up my photographs.

if you don't mind here's a little sample of what these guys are capable of, and in intro to cable wakeboarding for ya

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back