Worst day in my life

I am sorry to hear that. I know some of you are right about the economy being bad, that is probably why the broke in and took your stuff. They needed they money to buy goods or to pawn. I would look at some shops or ads in a local paper to see if you can "find" your stuff. Good luck with everything.:hug::

On the flip side, if this is the worst day of your life, take a minute and reflect on how lucky you are to be able to say that.

So sorry Tom, that is a *****.

We have been fortunate here but neighbours all around us have been hit. We are 350' back from the road so maybe they feel they could get trapped & do not enter.

Manchester eh, that is where security pulled the lining out of my brief case when I was flying out to Amsterdam.

I think these days you need to look at your house from a break and enter point of view and secure it.

Mine is secure and it did not cost that much. No alarms either. All it required is some basic common sense, which of course is really not so common. these days.

skieur

Are you sure they didn't take a D3, 300mmF2.8, 400mmF2.8, 600mmF2.8 and varios 2.8 zooms

;)

That blows - but at least it was just stuff and no one got physically hurt. Sure is one hell of a feeling, though, to know that someone was in YOUR house going through YOUR things.

At least you're not Rob Blagojevich...

Are you sure they didn't take a D3, 300mmF2.8, 400mmF2.8, 600mmF2.8 and varios 2.8 zooms

I guess this was probably a joke (though absent a smiley), but it seems hypocritical for us to be bashing thieves from one side of our collective mouths while suggesting the OP do some thieving himself in order to get even from the other.

Very sorry about your misfortune, Tom.

Jon

On the flip side, if this is the worst day of your life, take a minute and reflect on how lucky you are to be able to say that.

Good point, you could have been in the residence when they came in, and you or someone you care about could have been hurt or worse.

Al least it was only stufff. Posessions can be replaced....

I guess this was probably a joke (though absent a smiley), but it seems hypocritical for us to be bashing thieves from one side of our collective mouths while suggesting the OP do some thieving himself in order to get even from the other.

I'm pretty sure it was a joke (and if not, a shame), and not meant to be taken seriously in the slightest. Sometimes people joke to try to lighten the mood or help a victim feel better through laughter. I thought it was worth a chuckle, and would NEVER encourage ANYONE to commit insurance fraud (or fraud of any sort).

I thought it was worth a chuckle, and would NEVER encourage ANYONE to commit insurance fraud (or fraud of any sort).
Uh, huh! Now, if only insurance companies were as honorable.

Insurance companies occupy a social strata only slightly above that of Civil Suit Lawyers.

Most reactions

Back