worst habit

carlita

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
i ran a search, so if this has been posted before that's just tough. :)

anyway, what's your worst habit? i'm sure everyone has a ton, but there must be one that you could pinpoint as being your worst.

mine would be interrupting people. i'm really horrible about that. and though it doesn't make it any less rude, i think i know why i do it... i have a very poor memory. if i think of something i really want to tell someone while they're talking to me about something i have to stop them for a second and tell them to remind me to tell them about it when they're done or else i will completely forget what it was. even if it's something important. generally, my friends and family are used to this and they either don't seem to mind it much anymore, or they just pretend not to. i try my hardest not to do it around authority figures or people i just don't know very well, but sometimes something just slips by. :?

I drink too much coffee.

I hate repeating myself, so if someone doesn't hear me, and says "what?" I will often just say "nevermind!" because I don't want to say it again.

Besides relating everything to a song lyric?

Besides the smoking and drinking and consistant flirting?

Besides my overly loud voice, incessent ramblings, needlessly verbose manner, self centered attitude, repetitive story telling, need for approval, inappropriate remarks, pedantic insistance on getting into arguments, and firm belief that it is up to me to convert the world to my way of thinking?

nah, no bad habits here.

Shubin: you have the profile of a musician. Not that that's a bad thing. Im just saying. :wink:

um...bad habits? See, the problem is, I don't think I really have any, not anything that *I* might find annoying, like throwing one's dirty underwear all over the place, leaving dirty dishes or smoking in the house, things like that.....

I just called out to the hubby and he's now sitting on the floor playing with the pug, smiling that mellow smile and trying to think of one....he's no help. :roll:

I will say I am pretty obnoxious while driving. I really hate it when I sense someone trying to cut me off in traffic so I will attempt to outmaneuver them, and be glad when I do. :twisted: At high speeds, too. Which, since I drive a Beetle, leaves me vulnerable to being squashed, so I guess you could say that's a bad habit of aggressive behavior. heh heh But the only people I'm annoying are morons on the road.

well, i smoke like a chimney :lol:

i can be pretty hot tempered towards people that are rude or obnoxious to me :eek: and pretty quick to tell someone to f@#$ off!!!! :roll: ... i got a mouth like a sailor when i get angry

since i've gotten older, i've calmed down a bit ... have become more "mild mannered" .... i've cussed out a few utility companies for bad service .... "hello Mr. Customer Service Guy, if i dont hear what i need to hear in the next sentence ... you're gonna have a b!@#$ from hell on your hands, are u preparred to deal with that today sir?" :lol: *i've actually said that*

bad habit..hmm ...well I have a bad habbit of focusing on one thing...like for example when im watching tv...thats all im focused on..I cant see or hear anything around me...my husband will be talking to me...for like 5 min and realize im in a zone...he has to throw something at me or yell to get my attention...and thats prety much my aproch to a lot of things...lol

dew, I could have used you today. I was dealing with a so called "customer service" person who was so stupid and didn't know what the heck she was talking about. I don't think I have ever been so mad on the phone before. After I demanded (for about the 5th time) to speak with a supervisor, she put me on hold (for almost 10 minutes!) and then she came back on, didn't give me to a supervisor, but finally told me that she had someone go over the info with her, and she finally understood what I had been trying to tell her for 10 minutes. Of course she never actually said yes ma'am you were right, sorry for the confusion! Ugh. Stupid people piss me off. After today, I think I will start up a bad habit of not being so damn nice all the time.

haha shubin, great at picking out your own faults though!

procrastination
self depreciation..i often receive compliments by insulting myself
im messy
obsessive about things im passionate about and never shut up about them

LilCujo said:
bad habit..hmm ...well I have a bad habbit of focusing on one thing...like for example when im watching tv...thats all im focused on..I cant see or hear anything around me...my husband will be talking to me...for like 5 min and realize im in a zone...he has to throw something at me or yell to get my attention...and thats prety much my aproch to a lot of things...lol
lol. I do that. My wife is talking whilst I'm watching TV and i now and again hear that she's talking to me. Not to let her think I'm not listening I cunningly blag my way into the conversation picking up little bits here and there until i know what she was talking about in the first place. I'll come unstuck one of these days i know.

Huuummmm :scratch:

Well, there's one thing that my boyfriend hates that i do.........when something is wrong or something makes me sad, i get real quite :taped sh: it seems like my mind blocks and I can speak, he says i'm an enigma sometimes :scratch: of course i would love to change that about me :roll: U can call that a bad habit, i think

oriecat said:
I drink too much coffee.

I have to agree with you on that, I drink at least 6 cups a day! My whole family (all 12 of us) are coffee addicts.

Faults?...faults?.....I don't have any faults!....mind you I used to be conceited but not any more...I'm perfect now!

I have this habit of smiling very cocky like when i get nervous. So get into or almost get into fights 1 or twice a month, altho I never want to fight! But my expression just infuriates people!

manda said:
haha shubin, great at picking out your own faults though!

procrastination
self depreciation..i often receive compliments by insulting myself
im messy
obsessive about things im passionate about and never shut up about them

yep, im still in love after all these months :oops:

my habit is being a perfectionist, if i cant get it right...i drive the ***** into the ground until whatever im doing is exactly right.

md

Most reactions

New Topics

Back