Worst. Lens. Review. Ever !!!

not sure if out of focus... or instagramed.

I dont think its quite the worse review, i have seen worse, also the bit with the picture explaining how it works is helpful. The video is just aweful however.

Gear Review: Nikon 45mm f/2.8 PC-E Lens

Seriously, if the first thing I see in a review is an out of focus picture of the lens in question, I am not inclined to bother continue reading the rest ! :lol:

Really? I'd say the more important pics in that review are the ones that came out of the lens being reviewed. Which to my eyes, looks awesome!

You haven't seen Ken Rockwell's reviews I guess.

It's a crappy photo, whatever the method. And clicking it only opens a same-sized image. WTF?! :p

But I want a T/S lens so badly.

I wouldn't say it's the worst lens review ever... But, I would say he needs to work on his writing skills. The review synopsis towards the bottom on the right is straight from the department of redundancy department.

"
Want a tilt shift lens that performs nearly perfectly and has a perspective that’s perfect for nearly all types of photography? Buy the 45mm"

The images look nice on his site though.

Never judge a book by its cover.

If we did that, this post would be much more pointless than that review.

Mark

I think it is a poor review mainly because the reviewer shows that he doesn't have much of a clue about the operation, uses and, importantly, the limitations of that particular lens. He could have shortened his review to 'gee whiz' without losing any useful information.

Let's talk about the stick figures now! :D

chuasam said:
You haven't seen Ken Rockwell's reviews I guess.

Lol - right on

Sent from my stone tablet using semaphores

I wouldn't say it's the worst lens review ever... But, I would say he needs to work on his writing skills. The review synopsis towards the bottom on the right is straight from the department of redundancy department.

"
Want a tilt shift lens that performs nearly perfectly and has a perspective that’s perfect for nearly all types of photography? Buy the 45mm"

I nearly posted the same thing. Perfect timing.

"

I nearly posted the same thing. Perfect timing.

That would have been nearly perfect dude!

Like so many, this guy is under-utilizing a tilt/shift lens as a novelty. Being able to tilt the optical plane not only allows you to push things out of focus, it also permits you to extend the effective depth of field relative to the subject plane, by skewing it. While this t/s miniaturization effect is fun and trendy, t/s lenses do have photographic utility beyond this.

Most reactions

Back