worst thing that has ever happened while shooting?

andrewleephoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Forgot to charge batteries? left lens cap on? forgot a certain lens? :p I'm just curious because stuff like this happens to me sometimes ._.

This happened while setting up for a (volunteer) portrait shoot of 50 grad students. Somehow (blame it on nerves) I put the batteries in my flash triggers in backwards. I freaked out, because I thought that the signal wasn't working, that I had it on the wrong channel, or some other terrible technical issue that I couldn't figure out. Was nearly in tears, when I checked the batteries, lol.

PS: Normally that's the first thing I would have checked, but I had just put brand new batteries in, and "knew" it wasn't them

Forgot CF card and stupid radioshack sells it for incredible high price.

I may have shot in small jpegs instead of raw once. But no biggy, it was only my first northern lights in my 20 years young life!!!

I got mobbed by a group of teenage girls who thought I was from the newspaper.....

Watching your flash or outdoor light topple over. Ouch!, now keep the sand bags on the stands and rest the camera bag on one of the legs.
-
Shoot well, Joe

Had the right lens of my eyeglasses fall out and shatter on the concrete as I was literally, getting into the car and on the way to an important videography job located about an hour away by car.

Shaking pieces of the prism out through hole where the viewfinder used to be after putting the camera ( in portrait orientation) on a 7' tripod then watching the whole kit-n-kaboodle tip over onto a concrete sidewalk......... just 3 days before I was to leave on a 2-week vacation.

Although maybe I shouldn't mention this because it was a film camera and this is the digital forum.

I had the the best shot of a football game a few weeks ago. Receiver and defender went up in the air, I could see both of their faces, and I still had some daylight so I was only at 1000 ISO. However, I inadvertently switched from aperture priority (which I use when the sun is setting, then I switch to manual when its just the stadium lights) to manual. My last photo shoot? FIREWORKS! I've never had a 4 second exposure at a football game before...

None of my shoots are ever actually critical but the most annoying thing I've done is get up at 4:30 to do a sun rise shoot, drive twenty minutes to the location and then a fifteen minute hike with a few minutes to spare just to find out that at some point I had removed the tripod quick release plate off the bottom of my camera and not put it in my bag. Why? No idea, but it was at home on top of the entertainment center.

Some big lady started cussing at me, she thought I was trying to take pictures of her... A few times she approached me and I thought she was gonna do something to my camera.

Other camera related technical problems, my shutter got stuck.

I've watched a speedlight/umbrella/receiver tumble down the river after my subject's mom knocked over a lightstand.. half a second after this shot.

8017383879_a15c7e28d0_z.jpg

I've shattered a filter while carrying my camera attached to my tripod slung over my shoulder. Smacked it into rock wall. Luckily the lens was fine.

I slipped on some rocks on an almost dry riverbed and thought I dislocated my shoulder.

I left My SD card at home on two seperate occasions

And the absolute worst... I shot my neice for her senior portrait, and my sister took the JPEG I sent her (after I processed it) and she gave it to a friend to "touch up". The friend blew all the highlighs and made it look like a piece of crap. Then she sent it to all the relatives and said "Look what my brother did!"

Grrr...

Camera quit writing to the card as the bride was walking towards me (beach wedding). That's why you have two bodies. :)

Most reactions

Back