Worthy photography magazines?

No one here has ever heard of Aperture Magazine? Awesome stuff.

If you can, I suggest heading to your local University Library (especially if they offer Fine Art courses) and check out the periodicals.

It's amazing (and sad) how no one ever goes to the Library any more.

Edit: HAHA! I stand corrected! Sorry, Chris, I didn't see your post mentioning Aperture!

I subscribe to Shutterbug. I've picked up some good info from this mag.

National Geographic. Lots of awesome photos from PJ to landscape, action, portraits, everything....

LensWork will always be my #1 :)

But I also subscribe to Outdoor Photographer, I have found the range of content in every issue to be interesting and informative.

I dropped my American Photo subscription this year as I really don't think it's all that. I will be going back again to look at B&W and Aperture as I know they are very popular and I have neglected to give them the attention they probably deserve.

Regards,
Peter Witham

Last edited:
National Geographic. Lots of awesome photos from PJ to landscape, action, portraits, everything....

+1 for Nat Geo. They have a great assortment, plus I just read on Kenrockwell.com that they have one of the best print facilities in the magazine world. I don't know for sure, but that's just what I read.

I'm currently gearing up for submissions to the following magazines and publishers, which I selected based on style, incination to publish interesting work, and lack of pop culture and technical writings and reviews:

Afterimage
Silvershotz
BlindSpot
FILE
Gomma
Graphis. New Talent and Photography Annuals (really, I will die if they publish me)
Kit and Caboodle
LensWork
Light Leaks
Sight
ZoneZero

Most reactions

Back