would a Yongnuo 560III hold up to a wedding environment?

My problem, as put by Derrel, is that TTL seems to try to outsmart me. Its probably just me, and maybe I'm not using it corectly. But I can't seem to get what I'm looking for unless I'm using manual flash.

All it's doing is preflashing before the shutter opens and the camera is taking its metering and choosing exposure settings with flash in the equation.

Thanks for all the insight guys!! I was mostly just curious!

I've found that TTL is pretty handy, especially given that EC and FEC are both very easy to adjust on my 7D -- just in case I need to fine-tune anything. Having used a LumoPro LP-160 for a year and change prior to picking up my Yn-568EX, I'd be reluctant to give up TTL now.

I've found that TTL is pretty handy, especially given that EC and FEC are both very easy to adjust on my 7D -- just in case I need to fine-tune anything. Having used a LumoPro LP-160 for a year and change prior to picking up my Yn-568EX, I'd be reluctant to give up TTL now.

It really is a handy feature, as long as you know when it's best to not use it.

I have several Yongnuo flashes including the 560 III. At least one has stopped working, and they are unreliable when off camera triggering. I switched to Canon 600 and am happy although cost is more

I have several Yongnuo flashes including the 560 III. At least one has stopped working, and they are unreliable when off camera triggering. I switched to Canon 600 and am happy although cost is more

I just used my 560EX for a photoshoot off-camera. 2x SB-800 as Key, Fill, Nikon sb-700 for hair, and Yongnuo 560EX as BG. using YN 622/TX triggers.

In testing I found out that off camera with InfraRed triggering (Nikon SU-800) the YN-560EX was limited to 8 feet inside. So I added Radio Triggers to my setup. The 560EX a few times did not regenerate quick enough and didn't flash even though it was only 1/2 power. And I'm not carpetbombing shooting either. Just a few instances of a few seconds between shots. If I increased my delay then it was no issue. BUT, having a model move around and taking shots requires that shot at that time, not waiting because you think the flash may not go off.

My other key, fill, hair flashes are Nikon's. I'd love to replace that Yongnuo one with a Nikon but if I buy any more flash stuff it's gonna be strobes.
My 560 accepts an additional battery supply, but that would be the only one of my set that would *need* one.
FYI .. the 560ex was shooting at 1/2 power the entire time. Maybe 100 shots total for the entire shoot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back