Would it be possible to freeze a film camera?

thank you everyone! i guess i'll just use a camera which isn't that special and give it a shot. do you think that if i defrosted it in stages it would be better? like putting it in the fridge for a day or so before i let it be in normal temperatures?

and the reason it needs to stay in the camera is because i want to take pictures on the same film over quite a few years and being a total amateur and probably a bit thick i don't know if it's possible to take the film in and out of the camera as you use it. also, if that was possible then i'd be too scared to do it in case i messed the film up :p

thaaaank you :D x

(i've just read that it IS possible to take the film in and out..but like i said, i think it's probably safer if i just leave it in there.......)

That's a digital camera. The OP was asking about freezing a film camera with film in it. And it's a 5-year-old thread.

That's a digital camera. The OP was asking about freezing a film camera with film in it. And it's a 5-year-old thread.
I didn't realize the thread age and I know its a dig. its just a cool video!

I wonder how it all turned out? If the OP ever got the film developed, or is the camera still in the freezer?? lol

Is Derrel on the hunt to find another frozen woolly mammoth?

And where's Helen B been? haven't seen her on here in some time.

In few occasions I have used my camera down to -56 Fahrenheit, along with the going in and out of warmer place & still haven't faced any permanent effects or problems with the film camera.

I want to start a project which will involve using the same film past it's expiration date. I've heard that freezing the film will make it last considerably longer (although I don't know exactly how long..??) but I'd need to keep the film inside the camera. Will freezing the camera damage it? I'd keep it in a container to keep it safe and dry, but I don't know whether the temperature would prevent the camera from working properly.

In few occasions I have used my camera down to -56 Fahrenheit, along with the going in and out of warmer place & still haven't faced any permanent effects or problems with the film camera.

Most reactions

Back