Would it make sense to up/downgrade from a D700 to a D600?

My D600 has developed no such spotting/dust issues. I chose it over a 700, but I also didn't already own a 700. That said, I was finding a tough time choosing initially. Now that I've lived with it for a couple months.... So happy I got the 600 over the 700! The sensor is just.... Wow :)

Yeah....a handful of Amazon buyers...

Check out the Nov 23 and Nov 27 commentaries on the D600.2012 Nikon News and Comments by Thom Hogan
I was not dismissing the camera at all. It's just that if I do go ahead and switch, I want things with the D600 to be smooth as they are with my current camera.

Anyway, do you guys have any thoughts on my proposed up/downgrade?

My thought is that 24MP is an excellent sensor size on FX...it just has more information than 12MP...that's what I noticed...the 24MP sensor just has so much "more" in the images...the images are simply of a decidedly higher overall quality. Even down-sized, I can see the difference between my 24MP files and my 12 MP files. The pictures simply look "better". It's a big step up.

My thought is that 24MP is an excellent sensor size on FX...it just has more information than 12MP...that's what I noticed...the 24MP sensor just has so much "more" in the images...the images are simply of a decidedly higher overall quality. Even down-sized, I can see the difference between my 24MP files and my 12 MP files. The pictures simply look "better". It's a big step up.
Thanks, Derrel. Actually, one of your positive comments about the D600 in some random thread is what got this thing rolling in my mind. Do you shoot with both a D700 and a D600?

Thank you all for the feedback.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back