Would like help w/photo adjustment

AussieDee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I know that it says my photos are NOT ok to edit but can someone try to play with this photo for me? It's one of my favorite shots but is overexposed.

Can anyone adjust it? Is it adjustable? I tried in photoshop but can't get anywhere. Perhaps someone with a different program or has a more advanced knowledge of PS than I.

Sorry for it being so big, this is the "large" version from flickr.

2839451882_b9b133fd0a_b.jpg

It strikes me you're having trouble bringing the exposure down because there's no detail in the blown out areas for photoshop to adjust. The white is true white. If you had the 16bit raw file there might be some detail hidden in there that you could pull out. As is though, it seems unlikely to me.

It was from my point and shoot. No Raw's here. Guess I'm outta luck hey?

I didn't think it could be adjusted either. Whatever I do, it just looks worse. Thought maybe someone had some little tricks up their sleeves. LOL!!

Someone might, sometimes people really manage to work miracles with photoshop. But my best ability says, probably not. No harm in tryin though! :)

Unfortunately detail thats not there is, well, not there!
I had a quick play, I like the b&w better.
puglb4.jpg
puglb5.jpg

pugkjx9.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah the b/w is nice! I only see the b/w tho. above that is the dreaded box with a ? in it. LOL....

I was bummed when I saw that it was overexposed. Such a cute picture of the two of them. My p&s was on manual but the iso was on auto as well as the lighting (auto) so I don't know what happened. My gf shot the same picture with her p&s and hers came out the same way.

yeah that shot is mostly lost im afraid...

yep looks that way... Thanks for the attempts. I was looking at my photos in contrast to my gf's photos and mine all look like they have a tinge of orange in them. I know it's the camera types (both p&s's) but it makes me understand why mine is only $99. ROFL!!

Most reactions

Back