Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by JorgeRegula, Jun 29, 2008.
Thank you for your help. Seems there is much I have to learn.
C&C per req:
1. Interesting; I'm not sure what to say about this. I think the highlights need to be toned down at least a half-stop, the dramatic effect notwithstanding.
2. Would have much preferred the image without the added "raindrops".
3. Nicely done, however I would prefer to see his whole head; the cropped right side and top look a little odd to me. As well, it appears 1/2 - 1 stop over exposed.
4. Another interesting effect, but one for which I feel nothing. What are you trying to say or show with this one? The grey stone and the girl seem lacking in contrast.
5. Definitely too artistic for me to comment on.
6. Again, I get nothing from this image; the slant and extreme contrast with lack of a discernable subject just don't work for me.
7. This would have been a nice portrait had the girls head not been cropped off and were she a little farther left within the image. I really like the 60s Kodacolour treatment of this one.
8. Sorry, don't get this one either; technically the cropped car and total lack of a head on the model bother me. As well, the highlights are over-strong and need toning down.
9. Surprisingly, I rather like this one. Yes, blown highlights and all.
10. Interesting reflections, however I think this would have been much improved by the use of selective focus to blur the background and providing the poor fish with clean, clear water.
It appears that you have a specific artistic niche or direction you want to go with your photography. With that I certainly can't help you, however if you provide the forum with some explanation of what you want to achieve and what you're trying to say with your images, I think we can provide better critique.
Note that you can embed images within your post by the use of the UBB tags " around the hyperlink, which makes it much easier for people to provide the requested critique.
Also in future, I would suggest limiting your offer to five or less as providing useful and effective critique takes time.
Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.
Separate names with a comma.