Would like to purchase a reflector.

linpelk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi. I would like to buy a reflector. I shoot kids (not very well yet, but improving). I mostly shoot them on the fly as they play, at parties, etc. but occasionally I find a nice little well lit nook by a tree, etc and think a reflector might be helpful. When I was looking on B&H I see that there are about a trillion different kinds and sizes. I want one that is portable (I suppose that means collapsible) and not too big..unless someone thinks otherwise. Any advice on size, brand, shape, color, etc? Thanks so much.

I'd suggest one of the '5 in 1' models. They have a white surface, a silver, a gold and a black surface. Plus the base layer is translucent so it can be a diffusion screen (which can make for really nice outdoor light).

Typically, the bigger the better, when it comes to reflectors...but of course, as they get bigger, the get more expensive and harder to handle. I wouldn't get anything smaller than 24" or even 36".

I have a 40in 5 in one variety. It's very versatile, and as a secondary use it can make a background for quick head-and-shoulders shots.

If you can find the right light, the gold side makes for beautiful warm images.

img9327finaljx6.jpg

Most reactions

Back