Would love some advice.

kirabeech

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all!! I have just joined this forum (first time ever using forums, so I'm sorry if doing this all wrong) I have recently just started getting into photography as have two children and want to try capture every moment. I've done a brief course with my camera & lenses so now just trying to get as much practise as I can.. Would love some advice on this picture I took of my daughter... Also if anyone could recommend forums to help with photo editing (I have photoshop) I have never used it - need to do a course in that next :) thank you all in advanced
4f8936a250dfa3d5bad22dc8a8a39c4f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not the one to make suggestions on editing. There's something about her eyes that make them look a little bit off somehow.

I like the pose, but two things jump out at me; the branch "tied into" her hair, and you've clipped one elbow.

Welcome to TPF! As far as editing, Scot Kelby has great on-line tutorials. In this specific image, would use the clone tool, and clone out that bit of tree bark that matches her hair color...just six or eight click-click-clicks would bring that brown-colored bark down to a blacker color, which would make her hair look better. Her eyes do look unnaturally blue...perhaps that was a conscious editing choice or something, not sure. The reds seem a bit over-saturated too.

I would not edit kids at all. I personally feel they look the best when they are just caught off guard. If you do edit, just do the basics. a little color, a little sharpness.... less is more.

She's a cutie! One thought for future pictures. It's a lot more intimate if you shoot at children's level. (Pets too.) Get down to where they are or use a camera with a tiltable display. It will also eliminate that distorted perspective of too large upper body and head compared to lower body

Hi all!! I have just joined this forum (first time ever using forums, so I'm sorry if doing this all wrong) I have recently just started getting into photography as have two children and want to try capture every moment. I've done a brief course with my camera & lenses so now just trying to get as much practise as I can.. Would love some advice on this picture I took of my daughter... Also if anyone could recommend forums to help with photo editing (I have photoshop) I have never used it - need to do a course in that next :) thank you all in advanced
4f8936a250dfa3d5bad22dc8a8a39c4f.jpg

I increased the contrast a bit on her face....beautiful shot!
02b888d9a4608600082cc77fd6570d9b.jpg

Most reactions

Back