Would love some FB ...

RowmyF

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This is a recent shoot I did of a mother & daughter..I would love to get some HHCC ...! Thanks!

AB_3.jpg

AB_4.jpg

AB_20.jpg

AB_11.jpg

AB_17.jpg

AB_16.jpg

AB_23.jpg

AB_41.jpg

AB_35.jpg

AB_28.jpg

lOVELY SHOTS!
The 3rd one is a classic...though it seems a bit over exposed?

Rachel, I think you have captured some lovely shots and some great emotion here. WELL DONE!!!

Since you asked for HHCC, I will be nitpicky ;-)

I see some orange/red colour casts in a couple of them, #2 is particularly bad. Compare her skin tone in #2 in some of the other shots and you will see what I mean. Also if you look at the whites of her eyes, they aren't white but rather orangey. Having said that: I think #2 is a lovely shot and will be great once you got rid of the colour cast.

#3 doesnt' look overexposed to me, but I really like my pics bright... The colour pop on the bucket is too much, though and it draws my eye to the bucket. If you desat it a bit and maybe just run a multiply layer on it and mask the rest away I think it would be much better. I also think that there is a orangey colour cast if I look at the colour of the sand.

In the last one it bugs me a bit that the little girl's eyes are soft (the mom's are nice and sharp). It is such a nice shot, though!

I really like all of them with the exception of #8. I don't like the framing, but that is 100% personal preference.

My favourites are: 1, 4, 7 and the last one!

WELL DONE!!!!

Anelle

BTW, I love, love, love your location!

I really like the series they are great.

But as you asked for CC, I will say that in shot 1 it would be better if the whole people were in the shot (back cut off). Also in some of the other pictures the top of the head or hair being cut off just doesn't look right to me.

Other then that I love them, great job. My fav are 1 & 3.

These are beautiful pics! I love the first, third and last ones the best! That little girl has some gorgeous curls!

Thanks for all the FB..

Anelle - I've been having some issues with my WB on my Nikon D50 recently! It's driving me up a wall...when I shoot in auto WB, there is a STRONG blue overcast on my photos..and so I have to choose one of the other options and do the best I can with it. I've been struggling with it for a few weeks...that is why a lot of the pix have a slight "off" coloring.

All your other suggestions were great and I'm going to see if I can apply them. Thank you!

Rachel, do you shoot RAW? Obviously it is ideal to get it right in camera but at least if you shoot RAW you can fix the WB in 2 seconds flat in PS. Maybe try a grey card for WB?

Anelle

\But as you asked for CC, I will say that in shot 1 it would be better if the whole people were in the shot (back cut off).

I don't mean to start an argument, I'm just offering a differing opinion... I would have liked to see this cropped in even further - offering a close shot of a smaller, initmate moment.

Just a thought from the other side of the coin.

Most reactions

Back