Would love your feedback

You have potential.

No exif in your pictures. What kind of camera are you using and what were the shot settings for each picture.

#1 - Interesting capture. The water looks like an impressionist painting. The duck seems out-of-focus (hard to tell with a picture this size). The white balance looks off too...too cool.

#2 - Shot around midday? A little bright. Could have gotten closer to the flowers.

#3 - This is a nice shot but there are some blown areas on the petals, the spider web is distracting. Image is clear and sharp. Colors look good...could have been warmed up a tiny bit.

That first shot is also a hair underexposed (I agree on the blurry... probably was just dark and you wound up with a longer shutter, but not long enough to brighten it... im speculating, of course) Love the colors in the water, though. Nice eye.

Love 3 as well. Agree with previous comments- also the crop of the flower on the right is unfortunate as otherwise you have a neat semi-symmetry to the shot. A boost in saturation would help this image a bit too, I think.

Overall some nice shots, just need a bit of work. Thanks for sharing.

You have potential.

No exif in your pictures. What kind of camera are you using and what were the shot settings for each picture.

#1 - Interesting capture. The water looks like an impressionist painting. The duck seems out-of-focus (hard to tell with a picture this size). The white balance looks off too...too cool.

#2 - Shot around midday? A little bright. Could have gotten closer to the flowers.

#3 - This is a nice shot but there are some blown areas on the petals, the spider web is distracting. Image is clear and sharp. Colors look good...could have been warmed up a tiny bit.

I'm using a Nikon D40. I'll check on the exif for the pictures. I'm still struggling with getting the white balance to be perfect. I think that might be the hardest thing for me right now.

#2 I did shoot around midday. I wanted to get closer to the flowers but didn't think that they would let me walk over to them at the gardens.

I will use your advice in other photos that I take. Thank you SO much for the feedback.

That first shot is also a hair underexposed (I agree on the blurry... probably was just dark and you wound up with a longer shutter, but not long enough to brighten it... im speculating, of course) Love the colors in the water, though. Nice eye.

Love 3 as well. Agree with previous comments- also the crop of the flower on the right is unfortunate as otherwise you have a neat semi-symmetry to the shot. A boost in saturation would help this image a bit too, I think.

Overall some nice shots, just need a bit of work. Thanks for sharing.

I should have done a multi-quote but I was so excited to get feedback that I totally forgot. Thanks SO much for the feedback!

Now that you all are pointing these things out to me I am able to see them and understand so I know what needs to be work.

Glad it was helpful! :)

I have a question. The EXIF for these photos are shown in Flickr but when I download them from this site, I can't see it. Does anyone know how I can have the exif show for these pictures on this forum from my Flickr account?

I quite like the second photo.
1#Is good, just a wee bit over exposed.
2#Is great, the only thing that i would tweak is remove the spider web is photoshop.
Other then that great. You do sure have talent. Keep on shooting.

I quite like the second photo.
1#Is good, just a wee bit over exposed.
2#Is great, the only thing that i would tweak is remove the spider web is photoshop.
Other then that great. You do sure have talent. Keep on shooting.

Thank you for your feedback. I've been jumping with enthusiasm reading the feedback and I had to run out and take some more photos today to work on exposure and white balance based on everyone's suggestions.

At first I thought maybe I was taking all these pictures and had no clue if I was doing it right or not so I'm glad that I have all you to give me constructive criticism because I haven't enrolled in any workshops or classes. I've just been reading books and trying to find tutorials online.

Gosh, thank you so much! I can't say it enough! :)

Most reactions

Back