Would you buy a DX camera with a D4 body?

TheLost

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm curious about this one...

Canon Rumors is saying the 7D mark II (aka.. Canon's version of the mythical D400) will have a built in grip. This will make the body size comparable to the EOS-1D X or the Nikon D4.

Canon EOS 7D Mark II Information [CR1] « Canon Rumors

That's a big camera!

Would you buy the 'D400' if it had the same body size as the D4?

since I would grip it anyway, yea!

if I were in the market for a DX, I would. the pro sized bodies like the D4/D3 and others are a thing of beauty, and it feels oh-so right even when compared to a gripped 'regular' sized body, the pro bodies have a very nicely balanced and solid feel to 'em.

Actually, that sounds really, really awesome. If it is a 1D-type body style, with a 1D-type autofocus and good high ISO performance, still in the 7d price range (I'm thinking $2,500ish), it would make a whole lot of sense for me. Cost will be a serious factor on a camera like that though, I'd still probably go with the 5diii if the 7d isn't cheaper.

If these rumors are true, the 7dii would be an interesting camera.

I'm curious about this one...

Canon Rumors is saying the 7D mark II (aka.. Canon's version of the mythical D400) will have a built in grip. This will make the body size comparable to the EOS-1D X or the Nikon D4.

Canon EOS 7D Mark II Information [CR1] « Canon Rumors

That's a big camera!

Would you buy the 'D400' if it had the same body size as the D4?
Basically, would you buy a D2x if they came out again?

Alot of folks shot with D2H's and D2x's, and There are a ton of people who wish something like that was still current for APS-C

For me... it would come down to cost.

It’s sounding like Canon is really going to test how much people are willing to spend on an APS-C body.

If we assume it's 1/2 the price of the 1DX we are talking a $3000 crop sensor camera!

I would never pay 3k for a crop body camera, even it was in a gold plated extraterrestrial metal body capable of taking a hit from a nuclear bomb.

No for me I would keep the dx size. I wouldn't want two big bodies with me.

No I much prefer to be able to shoot without the grip. Or with it. I like them sold separately.

I hoped the D7100 would have an integrated grip,enough ergonomic/build quality upgrades and a buffer big enough to end the D400 speculation. To me, the D7000+MB D-11 is near-perfect for anyone with big paws; alone, the D7000 is just too teensy. Nikon seems unable to plot a course for DX beyond low-end/mid-market models, choosing instead to flog FX models that are estimated to be only around 10% of their DSLR sales. Bizarre.

A camera with integrated grip could potentially be a bit smaller than a camera+grip. In that case it would make sense, particularly if a non gripped version was also available.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back