would you buy this?

I have no experience with mirror lenses, but from my knowledge of telescopes, I would look into it's mirror size and magnification at the mount.

Look around for reviews.

Maybe, but I wouldn't expect much. For it's low cost, it might be worth a gamble. I would treat it as disposable though. If it sucks, oh well, toss it and move on.

If you're not willing to spend $100 on something that you might throw at the wall, save your money a little longer.

Plus it's f/8 (all the time - you will not be able to adjust that). Pretty slow... Manual focus too, I'm sure.

In broad daylight, it would probably be fine. Shutter speed (and ISO) will be the only thing you can adjust with this on the camera though. It wouldn't be any different than hooking a telescope up with a t-ring.

If I had 100 bucks that I didn't need, I would probably try it. Sadly, I don't have $100 laying around that I don't really need for anything, lol.

in a word...no.

No. I have heard the optical quality of mirror lenses are horrible. Never had experience with them, but I hear they are a cheap option for people that need a compact telephoto and do not care about image quality.

I had an inexpensive mirror lens a long time ago. Although they can take a "decent" picture deppending on their quality. They do produce soft photo's. It is a manual lens only. Unsure of Canon system but most likely you will have to use it in manual mode only. Of course there is no AF either. When I was in college I bought a Promaster version. Right away I found the limitations of the lens. Even though they are cheap, in my opinion they are not worth it.

As for the store, in the past they were well known to be a bait and switcher / call us - upsale type company. Now that the internet is getting to be the main sales base. They may be switching their tune. Selling things on Amazon and ebay where they can't pull the call our card security department for protection bit. And then try to upsell you stuff. Or switch you to a "better" product that is actually cheaper for them.

Short answer is NO !! :thumbup: IQ will probably be second rate but I suppose it depends what you are expecting from it and what you intend to use it for. :thumbup:

Not to mention the bokeh turns into doughnuts. Or maybe that was a specific type of mirror lens I saw that did that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back