Would you considir these shots to be "beginner"?

thepowerofsoul

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just wanted to get some advice to get a general idea of where I was at with my photography (Beginner, Intermediate, ETC) because I don't really know how to judge myself. Also some tips would be nice. My stuff can be found here...

http://thepowerofsoul.deviantart.com/gallery/

Thanks in advance

Ian

I think you know what you're doing in photography. You are proficient in some areas (like your HDR photos and and sunlit landscapes), but there's still room for improvement in your black and white photography. I would say intermediate. I like you stuff. My favorite is Skimboarding Paradise.

I think you know what you're doing in photography. You are proficient in some areas (like your HDR photos and and sunlit landscapes), but there's still room for improvement in your black and white photography. I would say intermediate. I like you stuff. My favorite is Skimboarding Paradise.
Yeah, I've been told that I overdo the contrast on my B&W photography sometimes which I would agree with. Another area I think I could improve on is just composition in general (Leveling out horizons, etc). Everything before "Reaching Zen" was actually taken on a 4MP Sony Cybershot. The more recent stuff was a DSLR (Olympus E-500) and I've been trying to work on better composition lately.

Those are very good photo's. I especially like your HDR's and landscapes. What set up are you using?

Nothing wrong with the pics but more like advanced beginner to intermediate is where I would place your level.

Most reactions

Back