Would you go back in time???

Hey everyone, remember what I said about TREADING LIGHTLY IN RESPECT FOR THE DEAD HORSE???
Disagree, let them have it. I like this thread, real emotions are coming out. And is not political !

Hey everyone, remember what I said about TREADING LIGHTLY IN RESPECT FOR THE DEAD HORSE???
Disagree, let them have it. I like this thread, real emotions are coming out. And is not political !

No one said it was.

Let's be reminded of TPF policy, however:
"* No digital vs. film/traditional arguments or debates are allowed. We have separate forums where the virtues of both mediums are discussed. No provoking comments will be tolerated."

Now, this is given some leeway, but the policy still exists. Why? Because it often devolves into threads that require invoking this:

"*TPF prides itself on encouraging friendly and open discourse regarding photography. Personal attacks on any members as well as TPF Staff will not be tolerated, and these posts will be deleted and the instigators possibly banned. "

If you want to see folks going ten rounds about what's better, film or digital, take it to the Subscribers' Forum or a different forum altogether.

No one said it was.

Let's be reminded of TPF policy, however:
"* No digital vs. film/traditional arguments or debates are allowed. We have separate forums where the virtues of both mediums are discussed. No provoking comments will be tolerated."

Now, this is given some leeway, but the policy still exists. Why? Because it often devolves into threads that require invoking this:

"*TPF prides itself on encouraging friendly and open discourse regarding photography. Personal attacks on any members as well as TPF Staff will not be tolerated, and these posts will be deleted and the instigators possibly banned. "

If you want to see folks going ten rounds about what's better, film or digital, take it to the Subscribers' Forum or a different forum altogether.
:allteeth: Thanks for info. I was kidding a bit. Just wanted to see, how otherwise quite serious men behave like fiery teenagers defending theirs purely privet views. Like this is worth anything. Policy is right, server space should be reserved for something constructive and thanks for pointers, but honestly one such a thread a year exhausts for me it's fun value entirely.

Back to the premise of the thread: Nope. My entire photographic life has seen many materials come and go. Some I would use again if they were available, (like vericolor interneg film, cibas, fine grain positive and more). As long as the ideas keep coming I can figure out a way to express them.

pfff...
i dont know why theres even a film -vs digital debate at all.
cameras are cheating. period.
real artists reproduce scenes/portraits with paints or pens/pencils. :barbershop_quartet_member:

soon as I get my adapter to run Photo Secretary and offload the shooting data from my F5 I'll be able to tell you the last time I shot anything on film.

Going to load a roll of my 2006 expired film and see what happens! Fuji Reala 100. I expect it'll be fine being a consumer film and it's been in the fridge probably the last 14 years or so.

Now I'm back to some film I'll have to work hard again to take some decent pics!
(Can hear the rumble of the digital army approaching) lol

soon as I get my adapter to run Photo Secretary and offload the shooting data from my F5 I'll be able to tell you the last time I shot anything on film.

Going to load a roll of my 2006 expired film and see what happens! Fuji Reala 100. I expect it'll be fine being a consumer film and it's been in the fridge probably the last 14 years or so.

Now I'm back to some film I'll have to work hard again to take some decent pics!
(Can hear the rumble of the digital army approaching) lol
And good luck with this. Shoot film and do not overthink it. Whatever you gonna created it is only for your personal happiness. Same with any digital shooters. No other consequences at all.

Most reactions

Back