Would you hire this guy?

JerryPH

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
If I asked you to look at these photos and from the perspective of you looking for a wedding photographer... would you consider them as someone with the ability to get the job done... or not? I'm not talking price or anything else... just your impressions of character, style and quality alone.

3811821074_5726abfa9a_m.jpg
3811006971_4e405a447d_m.jpg

3811821400_a7f60a84f5_m.jpg
3811822168_b7bbc7190d_m.jpg

If you needed a few more examples to make a decision look HERE.

Just looking for some input. :)

Thanks.

(Edited to try to make it a little clearer to define what I was looking for... pretend they are not my shots... lol)

Last edited:
Those are some nice pics Jerry. I'd definatly have you in the short list, but it would come down to budget and if I could afford you :p

Just looking at these 4 images, I would say yes.
They show nice use of light, nice use of location/scenery, interesting posing and they make the bride look good.

Short answer....yes.

You show that you have a good (great) eye for composition, handle light extremely well. Do great posing or capturing the moment and beautifully exposed subjects and equally well exposed backgrounds.

Plus I can tell that those were shot with a Nikon which makes it even better.....almost gives them an angelic glow just because of the that (I keed, I keed).

hehe yah ya did ;)
But still a valid point I have heard before (got bored and watched all of Zak Arise's critique videos one night). If you want clients you got to show your not a one trick horse - I'm sure you know that so get out and get a few more weddings done/online and then pickout the best and your away!

I would say yes...
The subject is sharp and clear

hehe yah ya did ;)
:confused:

But still a valid point I have heard before (got bored and watched all of Zak Arise's critique videos one night). If you want clients you got to show your not a one trick horse - I'm sure you know that so get out and get a few more weddings done/online and then pickout the best and your away!

True... but this isn't my first wedding and I do have portfolio from at least 8-9 other weddings, and I have 3-4 more weddings to go this year, and I am a firm believer that we are only as good as our last shoot, because we always improve... at least we should be.

I just needed some opinions to give me an idea of where I am. I am my own worst critic and sometimes it takes an outside opinion of where I am vs where I want to be.

I sincerely do appreciate the opinions.

Jerry, I prefer these pics over the pics that one of my teachers, who has been a working pro for years, does and would honestly recommend you over him to friends getting married... price depending of course :)

My price is simple... Onnne Billlllllllion Dolllllllars! (sticks pinky into mouth) :lol: :lol:

Now my secret is out... everyone will know that I've used the Austin Powers speed photography course. :confused:

Jerry, they are fantastic. I also just took a glance at your Flickr site, since as it was stated, you have to be able to shoot more than one wedding, style etc. I would hire you in a second to shoot my wedding if I could afford you.

Heck, I can't afford my own services! :lmao:

Question, on some you have some purple and red lighting. Are those the lights from the reception, your own colored lights there or did you add it in PP? It doesn't look like the later so I was wondering...

Question, on some you have some purple and red lighting. Are those the lights from the reception, your own colored lights there or did you add it in PP? It doesn't look like the later so I was wondering...

3811007915_4434992a21_m.jpg

This one?
That was lighting from the DJ. A purple blue-ish cross lit with red lights. I just set the camera to ISO 1600 and F/2.8 using the Nikkor 24-70 and went at it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back