Would you or wouldn't you?

NEVER EVER!!!

I have a friend that bought her Son a pretty decent Nikon for Christmas- She told me she was going to take it to the beach for a camping trip :shock:

I told her, I wasn't even sure I would take *my* camera for a weekend camping at the beach.. On the other hand.. I would only have ME to blame if I did and it got ruined. I told her to take her ****ty camera.. the one with the 5 second delay...

What if you want to do photography camping at the beach? Do you bring another camera?

I bring mine wherever I go, and thats one of the reasons I wanted the 7D for its better body and weather sealing.

Wow... not a lot of trust between friends around here, and some stingy photographers.

When it comes to lending things out, I live by the motto that if you can't afford to give it to a person, don't lend it.

In other words, if your friend asks you to borrow $20, don't say yes unless you can afford to lose that $20, because a friendship is worth more than $20.

I can not afford to replace any of my equipment. Nor can my friends. Why would I take the chance of losing both my equipment and a friend over something possibly out of his control?

I value my car a lot less than I value my camera... and my car has insurance... and even if it didn't... I'm still way more anal about my camera. :lmao:

Sounds like you value your camera more than your friends.... Just dosen't make much sense to me. I couldn't possibly imagine losing a friendship over a material object.

I just think that there are much finer things in life than a camera. If a friend wants to borrow my camera so that he can capture a memory of his daughters first soccer game... then I'll be more than happy to help him out. I trust my friends to take care of my things the same way I take care of my things. I don't see how anything would happen to my camera short of an accident... and I'm not going to lose a friendship over an accident. If an accident happened... well, that would suck, but its not going to cost me a friend regardless if he could afford to replace it or not.

personally, It all depends on situations and stuff.

I wouldn't loan someone my camera without me being there to overlook them.
However in college, I allow my class to use my camera for stuff as I am usually on hand.

my camera was really hard to get for me, and I don't think I could replace it yet as I am still in college even while working part time, I still cannot afford it.

I don't think I could replace it yet as I am still in college even while working part time, I still cannot afford it.

That is what insurance is for... if you can't afford to lose it, you insure it. If you can't afford to insure it, you shouldn't have it in the first place.

I can't afford to lose my home, so I bought insurance for it.
I can't afford to lose my truck, so I bought insurnace for it.
I can't afford to replay my wife's wedding ring, so i bought insurance for it.

Yes, I'm a rotten, horrible, no good, very bad friend... because the *one* thing I *won't* do is loan out my camera for the reasons that benlonghair listed. :lmao: Okay :thumbup: :sillysmi:

Your friends must be fair-weathered because I've never lost a friendship over someone telling me I couldn't borrow their car or some other material posession of theirs, and they've never gotten mad at me when I've said "sorry dude, I wish I could help you by loaning you $40, but *I* don't even have $5 to my name..."

If you can't or don't want to, then you can't. True friends get that ;)

If I had a friend that need to borrow $40 and all I had was $5 to my name... I'd loan him the $5.

To each their own... as I said before, there isn't anything I own that I wouldn't lend to a friend. If that's not the way you roll, more power to you. :thumbup:

i have a friend of mine who is in photography for a long time and i borrow some of her gear from time to time and she use some of gear when she needs it and i thanks her for that.

She knows i take really good care of her stuff. but since your friend dosnt really even know how to use a camera and she really wants it for the quality, i dont think it will help her taking better picture.
You should go shoot the pictures for her if you really wants to help her.

a co worker just borrowed my 50mm prime this morning,
he is all into photography an was not sure if he wanted to buy the 50 or the 85.
so i told him he could use my 50mm for his shoot tonight.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back